9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's been about 2 months. Yes, when I first installed it, I made the mistake by not upgrading the clutch. Seeing how others with the Kraftwerks kit used stock clutch with similar power, I thought it would've been ok. But I was totally wrong because the MercRacing kit has WAY more torque in the lower rpms than the Kraftwerks kit, so I was slipping around 3k rpm. Installed the ClutchMasters fx300.
And the question I'm sure you get asked all the time...

Was it worth it?? :LOL: I'm more and more leaning toward s/c vs t/c.

·
Registered
132 Posts
And the question I'm sure you get asked all the time...

Was it worth it?? :LOL: I'm more and more leaning toward s/c vs t/c.
It's my first s/c car. My last modded car was a EVO X........... I'd say say it's different and much worth it. It's a totally different feel. I've owned numerous turbo'd cars and wanted to try something different. I'll be posting and talking about my dyno chart on my YouTube page soon. It definitely feels like I'm driving a bigger displacement vehicle. I still get good gas mileage and it's maintenance friendly.

Which kit are you going with? If going Kraftwerks, I'd say just go with a turbo as it acts like a turbo. Get a positive displacement kit like MercRacing. When I was at my tuner's shop, he pulled a graph with a KW kit with similar numbers. Basically the numbers were the same on the top end, but the gap in power in the low to mid range was ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I couldn't tell you how long I ran the basemap. If you're that worried about the base map then just leave it stock until you do the intake and downpipe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just the stock reflash option.
I have nothing but good things to say about ETUNEZ as well. Steve was willing to do several revisions until it was dialed in.

Off topic - bfaided1984, your avatar picture is funny but whenever I see you post I imagine the person from the pic is you :unsure:
Probably not what the typical civic si owner looks like...
If that is you, I apologize!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about ETUNEZ as well. Steve was willing to do several revisions until it was dialed in.

Off topic - bfaided1984, your avatar picture is funny but whenever I see you post I imagine the person from the pic is you :unsure:
Probably not what the typical civic si owner looks like...
If that is you, I apologize!
That's kind of the point lol. Not me, but an accurate representation on how I feel. Get off my dang lawn!

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's my first s/c car. My last modded car was a EVO X........... I'd say say it's different and much worth it. It's a totally different feel. I've owned numerous turbo'd cars and wanted to try something different. I'll be posting and talking about my dyno chart on my YouTube page soon. It definitely feels like I'm driving a bigger displacement vehicle. I still get good gas mileage and it's maintenance friendly.

Which kit are you going with? If going Kraftwerks, I'd say just go with a turbo as it acts like a turbo. Get a positive displacement kit like MercRacing. When I was at my tuner's shop, he pulled a graph with a KW kit with similar numbers. Basically the numbers were the same on the top end, but the gap in power in the low to mid range was ridiculous.
Hadn't made any decisions at all. Still not really sure which method of FI I want to go, but it seems like s/c might be winning for me right now.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts