9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Warning... warning........ warning.................... glared at, warning...........

I know every city is different but in Houston, most of the HPD use it as a way to stop us to find something actually worth giving a ticket to. aka expired stickers, no license, unseat belt passengers (to many passengers), warrants, etc Fortunately for me, I always keep my records straight with no tickets/violation for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Being from chicago the worst place for car people plate has to be visible on front of car front bumper, grill, frount mount, ect. Howerver you can get away with having it on your dash by front windshield but depending on what town cops can be dicks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
186 Posts
The fine in Ohio is $150 for no front plate and they will pull you over every time no matter what city /town you're in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
The fine in Ohio is $150 for no front plate and they will pull you over every time no matter what city /town you're in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.com App
Not true at all. I haven't had mine on for five months and have not had any problems (knock on wood).

·
Registered
186 Posts
@bradensullivan You are luckier than me. Every time I try I get pulled over by the first cop that spots me lol. Good luck tho, hope you keep gettin away with it.

@Kj_lx2012 I did realize it said Illinois, that's why I said, in Ohio. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in coz I always hated it that some states require a front plate, cars look so much cleaner without them. I wasn't tryin to change the topic or anything, I was just sayin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am from bridgeview but I cruised alot mostly in downtown and law enforcement didnt pull me over for my front plate but when i parked on city streets the meter maids are the ones who ticketd me for it and it was $50 bux. My brother in law is a chicago cop and he told me word for word " we dont really look for stuff like that, we have better shit to do, thats all left to the meter maids" The only thing I was getting pulled over for was blue fog lights in the suburbs and I got warnings or city violations that are $25.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I never had my front plates on in any of my cars. The only time I got a ticket is when there was a dui checkpoint..they found nothing but wrote me a $25 ticket for no plate...

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Its the law to have front license plate in Ontario and they are very strict about it. I took mine off and drive past about 10 cops a day. I face my car away from the road and park in secluded area's if i see police in front of me going tin the same direction, i pull off to the side until they have passed. If i see/detect cops ahead coming towards me, i do my best to slowly easy behind another car to block the front view of my car. If i park my car for more than a couple minutes in a parking lot, i cover it completely with a generic car cover i have. I show it off proudly in car shows!

I carry $200 cash with me at all times, along with a business card. When i get pulled over i tell the cop that i'm a professional computer hardware technician and will provide him with any free labor he needs, as well as giving him $200 in cash for his troubles. The fine here is $110. I DO NOT keep the license plate in the front window because i get a fine whether it's not there at all, or simply displayed in a "non-permanent visible position" I keep it in the back seat for argument sake. I never speed so every time i get pulled over i know it's for the front license plate fine.

I've had had one cop suggest i just ty-rap it when i drive then cut it off when i get to where i am going. I told him i don't like Thomas & Betts that much to support them with 1000's of ty-raps, and would rather spend a couple hundred bucks a year on front license plate fines... For those of you know don't know, Thomas & Betts is the company that originally makes the 'ty-rap' Click on the link i added to see their site :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my 13' Si and had only had it 4 days and got pulled over twice. I'm in the Algonquin/Lake in the hills/barrington area, a Barrington cop pulled me over for no front plate..I couldn't believe he pulled me over for that. I think it was just unlucky timing though, I feel like that cop had been sitting there for awhile and wasn't getting anyone. He didn't give me a ticket though, just a $50 citation..which is crazy..so now I bent the plate at the top of the numbers and velcro'ed it up in the air duct on the bumper then some black zip ties just in case. It looks real clean and can be removed at anytime with no holes in the bumper or seeing any of the velcro. I'll post up a pic if you want

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just got my 13' Si and had only had it 4 days and got pulled over twice. I'm in the Algonquin/Lake in the hills/barrington area, a Barrington cop pulled me over for no front plate..I couldn't believe he pulled me over for that. I think it was just unlucky timing though, I feel like that cop had been sitting there for awhile and wasn't getting anyone. He didn't give me a ticket though, just a $50 citation..which is crazy..so now I bent the plate at the top of the numbers and velcro'ed it up in the air duct on the bumper then some black zip ties just in case. It looks real clean and can be removed at anytime with no holes in the bumper or seeing any of the velcro. I'll post up a pic if you want
I live in Michigan where there's no law for front plates, but my car was brought over from Ohio (where there is such a law). It came with this plastic license plate holder that mounted from underneath the bumper. You actually don't have to MacGyver it if you can find this piece because there are two holes underneath the bumper where you screw in two small bolts. Then you attach Honda's front license plate mount (or maybe it's some other manufacturer). In short, it attaches without holes in the bumper. Here's a couple of photos.

Front view: Back view:
photo-4 copy.jpg photo-3.jpg

I don't think this is a Honda part number, but this is what's etched in the plastic:
HON-11-35-71145-TS8A-A0000

·
Registered
51 Posts
Only time ive ever gotten hassle for no front plate is from small town cops who have nothing better to do and need to write tickets to pay their salary. Other than that, i have never had a front plate on my car and in 10 years ive gotten one ticket and it got thrown out in court along with a few others.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Being a WI driver in IL I have yet to be pulled over for no front plate or at all since they don't see the WI plate on the front as I pass :p

·
Registered
427 Posts
Down in the Metro-East area (St. Louis Illinois-side suburbs) you won't get hassled about it unless they want to pull you over for something else more important.

You see people without front plates all the time around here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts