9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Technically I have both cars (Lx sedan & ilx 2.4) plus I also own 2012 c250 sedan.

Ilx is not civic.... It's base off a civic platform drive train, but it's not a civic.

They do not share a pillar & c pillar, the door, windshield, the roofline is completely different. And it drives totally different. Civic drives like a typical compact Japanese car while ilx drives more like a Mercedes.

Sierra & silverado is just a rebadge, both trucks share the same windshield, door, dash, a & b pillar... It's easy for u to convert Sierra to a silverado if you want.

Ilx & civic is not just a rebadge, go try to convert a civic to ilx... It's impossible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
At day 1 of my auto shopping, I went in Acura dealership since I owned TL for many years.
I lived in a city that dealers have no competition. Demand is 10 times bigger than supply.
Dealers are rude. Car price marked up to rocket high after they install all these appearance package.
All of them charge $500 documentation fees plus $300 security option (1[SUP]st[/SUP] year duplicate keys are free) hidden on the financing/purchasing agreement.

Be honest, I feel nervous when I walk in Acura dealer even though I am Acura owner.
I wanted a TL and of course it is way over my budget because price increased so much in the past 10 years.

Walking around in the showroom and I try to settle in ILX. (be honest, it doesn't look as good as TL, MDX, RDX. It really looks like stepbrother of the other Acura lineup) ILX in my area is crazily marked up to almost 30K. (I think most people in this forum pay around 25K, 26K (before taxes) for the ILX)

I am 5'11, 230 pounds and ILX backseats is kind of small for me. I know it is a compact sedan and already lower my expectation but backseat room is not even adequate. Leather interior is nice, definitely Acura level. But it is just too small for rear passenger.

After that I went to Honda Dealership showroom, jumping from Honda Accord and Honda Civic SI back and forth a couple times. Enjoying the “adequate rear legroom” in Civic SI and “more than enough rear legroom” in Honda Accord. At that moment, I already knew ILX is not in my consideration anymore. Honda did a very stupid move, they only offer silver and dark silver for manual transmission Honda Accord sedan. They thought these are common color, but they forget stick shift driver are the unusual consumers and I don't want to own two silver cars in the garage. If they do marketing strategy better, I might be spending almost 30K, but now I only spend $22K.

I think Civic SI and ILX doesn’t have much difference in control, but I prefer adequate rear legroom if I am purchasing a sedan. ILX is like a undersize leather dress shoe to me. It looks good from the outside, It is fancy. But I just can’t put it on.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I'm 5 11" 150lbs and I already feel both civic and ilx is a little tight for me, personally I prefer e class, but its very hard to park a full size sedan in our area

230lbs, u need tsx or accord, both civic & ilx is just too small for your size

Unless your in Canada, Acura dealers are giving cars away... I don't see a reason why anyone would pay full retell price for an Acura.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm 5 11" 150lbs and I already feel both civic and ilx is a little tight for me, personally I prefer e class, but its very hard to park a full size sedan in our area

I needed a smaller car for street parking. Wish I am living in suburban area and I will just drive SUV to anywhere.

Reactions: team3d

·
Registered
696 Posts
Lol, I weighed almost 260 when I bought my Fit. I think it's what made me get into marathoning!

I agree on Acuras in the States. When I was looking at my Si, the local dealer was offering me non-tech package TLs for the same price as a v-6 Accord.

Reactions: team3d

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lol, I weighed almost 260 when I bought my Fit. I think it's what made me get into marathoning!

I agree on Acuras in the States. When I was looking at my Si, the local dealer was offering me non-tech package TLs for the same price as a v-6 Accord.
ILX same price as V6 Accord? If I wasn't wrong, the accord V6 is only available in EXL V6 and Touring model.
What a jerk in Acura dealership.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
ILX same price as V6 Accord? If I wasn't wrong, the accord V6 is only available in EXL V6 and Touring model.
What a jerk in Acura dealership.
it's actually tl same price as an accord v6, when i bought my ilx 2.4, i could'ved pick up a brand new manual tsx special edition for $500 more than my ilx 2.4 ($26,500 ilx 2.4 or $27,000 tsx), i picked ilx because i want 1) a civic platform vehicle for modification & 2) smaller size vehicle for easy street parking

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yep, it was a TL for Accord v6 prices.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

Unless your in Canada, Acura dealers are giving cars away... I don't see a reason why anyone would pay full retell price for an Acura.
I'm 280lbs and 6'1" tall. I am fine in the Civic.... I had an '11 Accord EX-L, and it was, to me, like driving a limousine. I love the easier to park Civic! I do sometimes miss the rear legroom for my adult passengers, but I don't carry them often nor for long trips.

Also to the poster above, seriously, who pays thousands more just because their local dealer is a D? There's nothing that says you have to buy local. You can buy from a dealer in Arizona and pay $1000 to have it trucked and dropped off at your house. If you already know what you want, why not???

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

215-220 lbs here and my 13 si sedan fits me quite well.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, all these "luxury" items are going to cause an accident one day, and the car company is going to get sued as a result. It's all just to help stupid people drive. I have the back up camera, do I use it? No. Why? because I can see more looking through my 3 mirrors and over my shoulder. I can also move around faster and easier as a result. So to these ILX owners, you take your overly priced 30,000 dollar SI wanna be and ill continue to smile and wave in my 23,000 dollar SI.
My wife's Accord has the backup camera and I really dislike, and don't trust it. To me, there is nothing better than direct line of sight.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
it's actually tl same price as an accord v6, when i bought my ilx 2.4, i could'ved pick up a brand new manual tsx special edition for $500 more than my ilx 2.4 ($26,500 ilx 2.4 or $27,000 tsx), i picked ilx because i want 1) a civic platform vehicle for modification & 2) smaller size vehicle for easy street parking
Crazy good prices. Might not even be able to get a used Acura here for those prices lol. Acura dealers around my local area are pretty firm on pricing unless Acura drops some good manufacturer discounts.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My wife's Accord has the backup camera and I really dislike, and don't trust it. To me, there is nothing better than direct line of sight.
i think the camera works great for measuring how far you are from something directly behind the bumper. But...if you are trying to use the camera to parallel park, and line up closely to the curb....fo get bout it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Crazy good prices. Might not even be able to get a used Acura here for those prices lol. Acura dealers around my local area are pretty firm on pricing unless Acura drops some good manufacturer discounts.
...so buy outside your area.... Not sure why people are afraid of buying somewhere else. Pit the dealers against each other and buy the cheapest car. If you can get $2500 off your local price buying elsewhere, and spend $800-1000 in transport costs, you still net a bit savings. I'd stick it to the local guys just out of principle. Don't worry about service, they'll still happily take your and Acura's money for warranty work.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
i think the camera works great for measuring how far you are from something directly behind the bumper. But...if you are trying to use the camera to parallel park, and line up closely to the curb....fo get bout it.
If I wanna be anal about parallel parking, I drop the passenger side mirror down so I can see the lower portion of the car, and the curb. Works great.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wish my region Acura dealer can wake up from their dream.

Honda Accord EXL V6 listed around $30.5K and one of my friend bought it around $28K in my area.

TL base listed $38K in my area because they add all these appereance package. It is hard to negotiate to 28K.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
...so buy outside your area.... Not sure why people are afraid of buying somewhere else. Pit the dealers against each other and buy the cheapest car. If you can get $2500 off your local price buying elsewhere, and spend $800-1000 in transport costs, you still net a bit savings. I'd stick it to the local guys just out of principle. Don't worry about service, they'll still happily take your and Acura's money for warranty work.
The excuse is the Canadian market is much smaller so therefore prices much higher so in the end what else is new the consumer loses. And car prices in general are much higher here no matter how far I go. And the cost of transporting the car will kill any money I save.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts