9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
If I wanna be anal about parallel parking, I drop the passenger side mirror down so I can see the lower portion of the car, and the curb. Works great.
Funny you say cause I almost curbed a wheel yesterday parallel parking cause I didn't pay attention for a split second.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
Try dropping your mirror if you haven't already tried it. You can see exactly how far you are from the curb.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
You can buy new cars from used car dealership, that can save you about $2000 on pdi charge

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Honestly never looked into that we do have brokers here but the prices were not any better than the stealerships.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Try droping your mirror if you haven't already tried it. You can see exactly how far you are from the curb.
It wasn't the mirrors fault it was me, I got distracted and turned away luckily I caught it just in time.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Honestly never looked into that we do have brokers here but the prices were not any better than the stealerships.
any used car dealership in vancouver can buy & sell new cars, the price is pretty much the same except used car dealership can waived that ridiculous $2000 pdi charge off..

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
any used car dealership in vancouver can buy & sell new cars, the price is pretty much the same except used car dealership can waived that ridiculous $2000 pdi charge off..
Good to know but the used car dealerships here all seem kind of shady and don't seem reputable lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I test drove an ILX at the dealer a few weeks back and I had to say it was very "Mature" but still not enough power for me :/

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was cross shopping the ilx to the si and chose the si, both were within my budget and the acura dealer was giving me a slightly better trade deal, but in the end the ilx felt or drove no better and wasn't worth the premium in price.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
lol, you just need to ask around... they make money off leasing through 3rd party lender...
Got me thinking lol. The used car dealership gets the car new from Honda, wouldn't they get dinged the pdi when Honda delivers the car to them?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Back to the ILX. It's not identical to the existing Civic, but the driving manners, lack of sound insulation and no distinguishing power trains are why it still gets compared to the Civic, and rightly so.

If you compare it to similar vehicles in its class (A3, Verano Turbo, CLA, IS250) it *definitely* lacks the pseudo-luxury feel that those vehicles. For starters, it's loud. Then, we have the power train issues. There's nothing that's unique to the ILX (relative to the Honda line-up) and while we know the K24 + Honda 6 speed are a fairly potent combination, they do not have that immediate torque that people generally associate with luxury vehicles. Nor does it have RWD or AWD, which again, is associated with luxury (however misguided this may be).

Honestly, if I was looking at compact/pseudo-luxury, I would grab a Verano Turbo, tune the LNF 2.0 turbo (it's not detectable by GMs computers) and enjoy a whisper quiet car with great seats and 300+ lb. ft. torque. Bonus points for the Verano in that it costs less than the ILX in Canada. If I could not get over the old Buick stigma, then I would be looking at an A3 but with extreme restraint on the options list: German cars add up fast once you start ticking the boxes.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Back to the ILX. It's not identical to the existing Civic, but the driving manners, lack of sound insulation and no distinguishing power trains are why it still gets compared to the Civic, and rightly so.
It's the exact same platform. Open the hood and look under there and tell me if you see any differences at all. The differences are cosmetic... and once you look inside, minus the leather seats, many would confuse the interior for Civic, too.

If you compare it to similar vehicles in its class (A3, Verano Turbo, CLA, IS250) it *definitely* lacks the pseudo-luxury feel that those vehicles. For starters, it's loud.
Acuras are known to be loud... Acuras are known to be slightly upscale Hondas with a sporty nature, but not on the level of Lexus as far as pure luxury. Then again, with the exception of the IS, you wouldn't see anyone buying a Lexus for its sporty nature... for that you get an Acura or if you have more money a BMW.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Car wash don't cost $2000, it's a scheme Canadians add to the car to make extra money. When used car dealer buy a new car from a local fleet, they just buy the car at "wholesale/invoice" and sell them at retail... That's $500-800 profit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Absolutely the PDI is the biggest cash grab around. Can anyone buy from a fleet?

61 - 80 of 89 Posts