9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Pdi = pre delivery inspection, just bounch of kids washing the car and vac carpets and remove window stickers fill up the gas tank before handing the key to the new owner.

Pdi is free of charge in the states

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yep, insane scam and the Dealerships fight tooth and nail for it up here. For my PDI they waxed the car and there was still blue wax on the plastic outer trim. On top of that, the fuse for my indoor lamps were burnt out. I expressed how displeased I was about paying $1,300 for a PDI when the car wasn't even fully working and needless to say, I'm getting very, very good service now.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,521 Posts
Pdi = pre delivery inspection, just bounch of kids washing the car and vac carpets and remove window stickers fill up the gas tank before handing the key to the new owner.

Pdi is free of charge in the states

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I know I know it's highway robbery. Any discussion of PDI just makes my blood boil.:mad:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm glad we don't have that here. I refuse to even pay for the add-ons that they do to the car before I arrived, e.g. window tint, "paint treatment," etc. I've never failed to have them simply take it off the price, because it was essentially free for them. I did pay $150 for window tint, because I am aware that this is about what they pay for it. They charged $500 on the car for that. Come on. There is no $500 tint, and they didn't even do a good job. It has bubbles and was poorly fit in areas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Back to the ILX. It's not identical to the existing Civic, but the driving manners, lack of sound insulation and no distinguishing power trains are why it still gets compared to the Civic, and rightly so.

If you compare it to similar vehicles in its class (A3, Verano Turbo, CLA, IS250) it *definitely* lacks the pseudo-luxury feel that those vehicles. For starters, it's loud. Then, we have the power train issues. There's nothing that's unique to the ILX (relative to the Honda line-up) and while we know the K24 + Honda 6 speed are a fairly potent combination, they do not have that immediate torque that people generally associate with luxury vehicles. Nor does it have RWD or AWD, which again, is associated with luxury (however misguided this may be).

Honestly, if I was looking at compact/pseudo-luxury, I would grab a Verano Turbo, tune the LNF 2.0 turbo (it's not detectable by GMs computers) and enjoy a whisper quiet car with great seats and 300+ lb. ft. torque. Bonus points for the Verano in that it costs less than the ILX in Canada. If I could not get over the old Buick stigma, then I would be looking at an A3 but with extreme restraint on the options list: German cars add up fast once you start ticking the boxes.
Interesting part about the sound. I tend to agree with respect to the lower level power trains but with the 2.4/6 Speed combo, the throaty sound and slight rawness is welcome. I do of course realize few will buy the 2.4/6 Speed combo. It's also interesting that when you read reviews of the ILX 2.0 and Hybrid they are MUCH different from the 2.4 reviews. It's almost as if they are different cars. The 2.4 is loved by all reviewers and the other power trains have only decent reviews..

All of the vehicles you mention are more money than the ILX, even the Verano. At least in Canada anyways...and really, would you want a GM? With a turbo? Sounds like a maintenance nightmare. The Audi -- also a maintenance nightmare and much more money.. same with the Lexus and the Mercedes.
I think Acura did a great job on the ILX 2.4 and that is why I bought one. I got it at a great deal (less than an Si) and it comes with the solid drive-train and some great features. Specifically compared against the Civic Si and in order of importance for me..

Traditional Dash - I don't hate the two-tier dash but the ILX dash is nicer.
Keyless Access - This feature has really grown on me.
Leather - I like this but the Si seats are really nice too.
Heated Seats - Nice to have in Canada!
Engine Start Button
- Love this feature.
HIDs - Great visibility
Auto Climate Control - Ok feature.
Driver & Passenger Climate Control - Nice because my wife is always hot an me cold.
Hill Start Assist - Meh, guess I don't worry anymore in steep parking garages.
SMS Text Reading - Handy.

Would I trade these for an LSD? Absolutely because I know I'll get little use out an LSD but I will get a LOT of use out of the above list of features. I'll also bet the vast majority of people on this site rarely make use of their LSD.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,521 Posts
Would I trade these for an LSD? Absolutely because I know I'll get little use out an LSD but I will get a LOT of use out of the above list of features. I'll also bet the vast majority of people on this site rarely make use of their LSD.
Boy you know what coming out of a corner relatively quickly the Si feels quite planted and you feel the power to the wheels so I think it does make a bit of a difference IMO.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
5 Posts

I feel ILX is having very slight advantage over the Honda Civic Si. If you see the performance specs of Honda Civic Si, you'd still love it. The 2019 Honda Civic Si brings the legacy of power from its ancestors and it has always been a popular brand among car enthusiasts, thus having mention in our list of top fastest cars under 30k . The 2019 is equipped with 1.5L Turbo 4 Cylinder Engine capable enough of producing 205 horsepower at 5700 rpm and torque of 192 lb-ft. The 2019 Honda Civic Si has the best in class turbocharged handling which offers exhilarating and precise performance on street as well as the race track. More from here: Best Cars Under 30K

81 - 89 of 89 Posts