9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm getting HID's for my EX coupe and I see a lot of info about them. I've been through the HID threads and have learned a lot. What confuses me is that I see that a lot of people encourage retrofitting due to blinding other drivers. Forgive me if I've over looked the info but what is retrofitting and how is it done. Also is it completely necessary?

·
Registered
19 Posts
retrofitting is to open up your headlight and removing what ever headlight you wanna change (low/high) and replace it with a projector headlight.

its not necessary its just putting HIDs in a regular halogen housing, causes the light to spread and blind drivers unless you align them properly.

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
Don't get yellow fogs. Overplayed IMO. Either stick with a white or bluish bulb, or get a cool color overlay. A guy on here has green fogs with an overlay, looks sick

FG3 SQUAD MEMBER #5

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ok so I'm getting HID's for my EX coupe and I see a lot of info about them. I've been through the HID threads and have learned a lot. What confuses me is that I see that a lot of people encourage retrofitting due to blinding other drivers. Forgive me if I've over looked the info but what is retrofitting and how is it done. Also is it completely necessary?

Hey, do you have some HIDs picked out? and if you do let me know which ones im planning on getting it as well i just don't know if i can trust the ones from eBay.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
No need to be a jerk about it..
Sorry, but I don't think Skrub is being a jerk at all. When you have been on the forum for a long time (100's of posts +) it can get boring (and even mildly irritating) to see the same things being posted over and over again by newer members. Don't get me wrong, I was reminded about trying to make sure a subject was not already covered before starting a new thread when I was a new member. It would be great if people added to existing threads. I love it when I see a super old old thread pop up in the "new posts" because a new member asked a question or said thanks for the info. etc. etc.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
I bought a 6000k HID setup on 09/20/2004 for my motorcycle. About 50000 miles/80500 kilometers later and it is still shining as bright as the day I bought it. It is a McCulloch. On 03/22/2012 I bought another pair of 6000k HIDs for my 2007 Honda Fit. They again are McCulloch and I have had no problems with them. They are about 99% plug-and-play. The company I bought the first one from is out of business, but the place (www.xenonking.com) is still around as far as I know. I also swapped out the white bulbs in my Si's fog lamps for the yellow 3000k non-HID lights. I like it, but it appears as though not everyone does. You can either get yellow bulbs with the clear lens, yellow bulbs with yellow overlays, white bulbs with yellow overlays, or you can just keep it stock. No matter what you do with the color of the lamps it is pretty cheap so if you don't like it you can change it and won't be out much money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, but I don't think Skrub is being a jerk at all. When you have been on the forum for a long time (100's of posts +) it can get boring (and even mildly irritating) to see the same things being posted over and over again by newer members. Don't get me wrong, I was reminded about trying to make sure a subject was not already covered before starting a new thread when I was a new member. It would be great if people added to existing threads. I love it when I see a super old old thread pop up in the "new posts" because a new member asked a question or said thanks for the info. etc. etc.
"Hey I know you said you've checked out a good number of threads already, but a good place to start next time would be the FAQ where I've covered retrofitting and even have pictures."

I understand that senior members get frustrated at what essentially are reposts, but to reply in the condescending way that he did just seemed unnecessary, and could result in alienating new members. Just my thoughts I guess *shrug*

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Skrub hates every body equally.. except me.. he has a man crush on me

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
New people suck. Except for me. Unless being on here for more than a week doesn't make me new anymore.
Lmao.. I don't suck as a newby unless u enraged the population by hating and not correctly using search button.. lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasn't trying to be a jerk I really wanted to know. I'm always trying to improve the faq

I was actually giving TC the benefit of the doubt that he already read it.
No worries man, I didn't take it in a bad way. And I did look at the FAQ and like I said I must have misread or overlooked that part somehow. The reason I poste a new thread and not added to aold one is because I was reading through a bunch and saw conflicting sides as to whether or not HID bulbs in a stock housing blinded drivers or not. I just wanted to make sure.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
No worries man, I didn't take it in a bad way. And I did look at the FAQ and like I said I must have misread or overlooked that part somehow. The reason I poste a new thread and not added to aold one is because I was reading through a bunch and saw conflicting sides as to whether or not HID bulbs in a stock housing blinded drivers or not. I just wanted to make sure.
Yeah there really isn't a unanimous opinion. There are pics floating around showing that the cutoff line looks good and that it doesn't seem like it would blind anyone, but there are also plenty of people reporting being flashed for blinding others. I say get some PIAA bulbs and wait until there are some cheaper projector housings out there... but that is just my view.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I keep my high beams on and send a clear message to anyone with an HID kit pissing light everywhere. I mean how inconsiderate can one be?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I keep my high beams on and send a clear message to anyone with an HID kit pissing light everywhere. I mean how inconsiderate can one be?
My 6000ks really aren't blinding....I've had brighter lights before. I passed a guy on the highway once who flashed his highs at me, so I hit the brakes and showed him my ilumatics hi beams lol now those bitches are blinding

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts