9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting here, I have been a reader for a few days now. I have been looking at the 2013 Civic SI Sedan for a few weeks now, and I am going to check one out in person today on my lunch break. I have a few questions to ask... First of all. I am selling my 01 Celica GT. I feel insanely crammed inside of it. Will I fit much better in the 13' SI Sedan? I know the Coupe is slightly bigger in the front seat but I need 4dr. How customizable is this car? Can I basically make it a nice street racer that is visually appealing? That is really what I want. I also want to be sure this car is roomy enough for me... I am 5'11" 185 lbs which I know isn't terribly tall but its not short. Can people of similar height and or weight relate to me? Will I feel a huge size increase over the Celica? I have looked at dimensions but I don't know that feels just by looking at #'s.... Really like the 13' SI Sedan its visually appealing, reviews say its quick, and highly customizable. Thanks for reading

-Dakota

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am 6ft1 and 175lbs and I don't even let the seat all the way back. It is bigger than you think. The car can be made very quick with a few upgrades and a Etune from vit. Also the appearance of these cars change tremendously when you lower them an put wheels on. I'm in love with mine. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
79 Posts
I feel I can chime in on this Dakota, I recently traded in my 2000 Celica GT for a 12 Si coupe. I know you are looking at sedans but I can tell you I almost bought a sedan because it was much more room than I was used too. Me and you are about the same height so I would say the sedan would be much more roomy and hell of a lot faster than our Celica's. I went for the coupe because of the price and that I have no kids and hardly any friends so no need for a sedan but I feel you would be more than happy with the sedan.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm 6'5" and 235 pounds. I have a 13' SI Sedan. I have the seat back all the way and I fit in the car alright, but no normal size adult would be able to fit behind me comfortably. If I was any taller, I'd be a little cramped. Over a 3 hour trip, I'm not hurting at all. You should fit in the car just fine. It's a quick car with great handling and a blast to drive on twisty roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel I can chime in on this Dakota, I recently traded in my 2000 Celica GT for a 12 Si coupe. I know you are looking at sedans but I can tell you I almost bought a sedan because it was much more room than I was used too. Me and you are about the same height so I would say the sedan would be much more roomy and hell of a lot faster than our Celica's. I went for the coupe because of the price and that I have no kids and hardly any friends so no need for a sedan but I feel you would be more than happy with the sedan.
Thanks for the input, and glad we can agree on the sluggishness of the Celica. I would love to have the Coupe, however I will be a father early/mid August and taking the carseat in and out of the Coupe will be a pain in the @#$. Glad to hear it will be an upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. Much appreciated. I'll be sitting in one on my lunch break about 30 minutes from now. I'll be sure to post how it fits for me and my opinions on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts