9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Civic LX. So far, it's great! However, I've been experiencing what I believe to be a glitch with my IMID/ HondaLink/ and Radio.

With IMID, I find its MPG and range to be inaccurate. Without econ mode on, it says I'm averaging approx 30mpg (city). However, based on manual calculations, I find it to be more in the 25-27mpg range (with AC and radio on). My range to empty appears to be skewed as well.

With HondaLink, there are times that when I go to hang up a phone call using the steering controls, it sends the call to my phone. I am simply pressing the hang up button on the steering wheel. It is not all the time, just on rare unexplainable occasions.

With my radio, the volume and menus glitch. There have been times when I go to adjust the radio volume (both steering wheel or knob) and it either lags, is hesitant, or fails to. Within my radio setup menu, there are times when the menu repeats itself when scrolling through the different selections.

Again, these all sound a lot worse listed together concurrently as I have them. These are all things I have gradually noticed in the month or so that I have had the vehicle. Perhaps I just expect too much. I understand that nothing is perfect, and there are bound to be glitches. Especially with relatively new technology. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Take it and have it looked out is what I'd do. I don't have issues with mine as of yet (knock on wood) but if it's a noticeable difference that's what the warranty is for.. Especially if it boters you too.. Get what you pay for and use that warranty for a purpose :) I haven't had any issues with mine but haven't manually calculated my MPG either.. Maybe I will next time I gas up :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ok on the first about your MPG, you said you recently purchased it so I'm gonna guess and say you don't have many miles on it correct?
The I-Mid is on the conservative side, so it is not going to exact. For Example, in my SI it may say 30 miles on the range to empty, but ill get gas and pump in almost 11 gallons, and I have a 13 gallon tank, therefore I should be 60+ miles from empty, but like I said it's conservative.

Also, the range and MPG on the I-Mid is always calculating based on how you drive, like do you get on it or are you easy on the gas, and how many miles. If you have 1,000 miles on it your I-Mid is not really giving you any where close to your actual. But if you have 10,000 miles then your MPG is a little more accurate, but still like I said, Conservative.

Your hang up issue is a little weird but then again it could just be rare coincidences, like your hitting hang up at the same time they hang up, I'm not really sure.

Your radio lagging with your volume or menu scrolls, that happens to me as well sometimes. Sometimes you just get a little ahead of the system. Clicking the select button twice to fast to click to pull up the playlist then select the playlist. Sometimes the system just freaks out for a half a second. I run my IPOD through the USB every once and a while it will come up and say 'unsupported' and to fix it I just un-plug it and plug it back in and it picks up where it left off at.

Just one of those weird things I suppose.

At the end of the day it is a car that costs less than 25K, Not everything is going to be perfect, you just cant expect that. But if your worried about it, take it to the dealer and get it checked out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for both of your replies. I truly appreciate it! The issues I'm having are not something I'd take to the dealership ASAP. They are gradual occurrence that I have noticed in the month or so that I've had the vehicle.

Bstone4, the vehicle now has 1,500 miles on it. I have trip A reset automatically after fueling. Here's what I'm getting at: I've figured that given the vehicle should have 400 mile range per full tank (given about 29.9mpg), each bar on the fuel gauge is worth 20 miles range (20 bars x 20 miles = 400mile range). Currently, I have four bars left to zero. If my calculations are correct, that should be 80 miles. IMID tells me that I have 90 miles to empty. Again, not a huge difference, but it has been more at times.

Also, it is comforting to know about the radio glitches. As for the hands free, I'm going to chalk that up to the phone and its bluetooth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just wanted to chime in and say that I had the same exact volume problem and the triple menu bug today. I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I was streaming music via bluetooth from my iPhone. Perhaps the system just got a little laggy. I hope it doesn't happen very often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts