9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with my maintenance notification system (so far the "low fuel" and "check tire pressure"). The correct notifications appear, but they constantly return at random time intervals. I just took my car to the local dealership and they said it is completely normal, but I've had this car for a year and a half and this just started happening.

VIDEO0001.mp4 - YouTube

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Do you have low fuel and low tire pressure???

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Did the service department use a TPMS scan tool on each tire to see if one of the sensors is bad? Since the TPMS in the Civic does not tell us which tire is low, you have to check all of them. Did you put a gauge on each tire to see if it really is up to proper pressure? It took 6 months for the tires in my car to lose 4 psi and take the pressures down to just over 28 psi. I would have expected the TPMS to alarm if any more had been lost.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
That doesn't seem completely normal unless of course you have low tire pressure and/ or low fuel. If you didn't confirm with the dealer that was the reason for warnings alerting you, then I would monitor it myself as Jamis mentioned and take it back, and maybe to a different dealer depending on the answer to the above question. I rarely have to add air and when I do it's only a lil here and there. I usually check my tires once a month and before any road trips to be safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have low fuel and/or tire pressure when the notifications appear, but sometimes the reappear so rapidly that I can't view anything else on the iMID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts