9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so mi imid went completely black. I hadnt use my car for 15+ days, i moved it and imid was working. Next day i was going out and imid was completely black.
Any suggested fixes? Im from central america and a replacement costs $200+

·
Photoshop Masta
2,769 Posts
Hey guys so mi imid went completely black. I hadnt use my car for 15+ days, i moved it and imid was working. Next day i was going out and imid was completely black.
Any suggested fixes? Im from central america and a replacement costs $200+
Did you get a jump? If you did, I would suggest unplugging both terminal cables....wait a minute or so then reconnect them. If that doesn't work, check your fuses under the hood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get a jump? If you did, I would suggest unplugging both terminal cables....wait a minute or so then reconnect them. If that doesn't work, check your fuses under the hood.
Hey thanks for the response. So i did not. I did not use my car for a couple of days though. I tried unplugging one of the cables. Should i do both? i dont have the radio code so thats why im afraid of doing it.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,769 Posts
Hey thanks for the response. So i did not. I did not use my car for a couple of days though. I tried unplugging one of the cables. Should i do both? i dont have the radio code so thats why im afraid of doing it.
What year is your car? The iMid has some safety features. Like if it gets too hot it'll shut off & if there's a voltage spike (getting a jump) that can happen, it usually comes back after unplugging and plugging your battery in though.

Not sure what you mean by radio codes? But yes, in order to completely reset your battery you must remove BOTH cables.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year is your car? The iMid has some safety features. Like if it gets too hot it'll shut off & if there's a voltage spike (getting a jump) that can happen, it usually comes back after unplugging and plugging your battery in though.

Not sure what you mean by radio codes? But yes, in order to completely reset your battery you must remove BOTH cables.
I have a 2014 coupe. How do i safely remove both cables?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,769 Posts
It didnt work. I had them unpglugged for 3-5 minutes.

Found this for you! Looks like maybe you should try leaving it unplugged for 30 minutes. Check the comment #9

1 - 9 of 9 Posts