9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my battery died today because i had left the lights on...after i jumped the car my imid no longer works at all. Please help!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Just curious, how did you attach the jumper cables? Positive battery terminal to positive battery terminal, and the negative cable to grounding points on both cars? Also, did you check the fuse for the iMID??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the car was jumped correctly and I believe I checked every fuse with a test light they were all good. What fuse are you suggesting that may be bad. I looked in the owners manual and didn't see anything for the imid.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It will come back on, it goes into protect mode when you jump the car...it happened to me twice...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Odd i dont remember mine went to protect mode when I jump started my oem battery back then

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have not seen this happen....

I'd suggest to make certain the key is out of the car, disconnect the battery and short the cables together for several minutes, then reconnect it.

A 'reboot' of sorts.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
yeah the car was jumped correctly and I believe I checked every fuse with a test light they were all good. What fuse are you suggesting that may be bad. I looked in the owners manual and didn't see anything for the imid.
Check the 10 amp fuse, A29, in the under hood fuse box.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Yea it was weird, also the audio sw controls didn't work,called honda and that's what they told me.i did get jumped by a much bigger battery,maybe that was why .

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I just got this info from the source:
The iMid has the following characteristics:

There is a protection mode for high temp but a message comes up and
displays that the temp is too high

If there is a voltage spike, such as a jump start, it will shut down

If the voltage is too low obviously it will shut down

If you do a battery cable reset* for about 30 minutes, the display will come
back.

If is does not the iMID is fried.

A battery cable reset forces all capacitors to discharge faster, and clears and resets most control unit
volatile memory. It’s like removing and reinstalling the battery in a cell phone that’s acting weird or locking up.

Before you start, make sure the battery is fully charged. A low battery can cause problems with electronics.
Then, get the anti-theft code and write down your customer’s audio presets.
Now, follow these steps:
1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), and remove the key. This lessens the chance of voltage spikes.
2. Disconnect the battery cables—negative cable first, then positive.
3. Short the battery cables together with a jumper wire.
4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 10 minutes.
5. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), and remove the key.
6. Remove the jumper wire, and reconnect the battery cables—positive cable first, then negative.
7. Check ISIS, and do the required reset/learn procedures for the vehicle you’re working on.
8. Enter the anti-theft code, and restore your customer’s settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a very similar issue this week. Ran battery down in the cold weather by listening to the radio w/ the engine off...

When I turned it back on, no IMID display at all.. Just black.

I put a charger on the battery and unhooked the positive cable from the motor. Let it charge for a couple hours.
When I reattached the positive and removed the charger, IMID works again just fine.

Only problem is today, the battery seems to be toast. Wouldn't start the car after I sat for like 10 min with the radio on. Apparently that is a no-no w/ this small capacity battery. Thinking it might be time to buy a new one.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I had a very similar issue this week. Ran battery down in the cold weather by listening to the radio w/ the engine off...

When I turned it back on, no IMID display at all.. Just black.

I put a charger on the battery and unhooked the positive cable from the motor. Let it charge for a couple hours.
When I reattached the positive and removed the charger, IMID works again just fine.

Only problem is today, the battery seems to be toast. Wouldn't start the car after I sat for like 10 min with the radio on. Apparently that is a no-no w/ this small capacity battery. Thinking it might be time to buy a new one.
That will happen with a good battery if the Ignition switch is in the "on" or "run" position as opposed to the "ACC" position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts