9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section or not.

I'm having to park my car in the street for a few nights in the near future..

The car has an alarm but I am still concerned about it.

I can't really find anything on the forum or the google machine on the immobilizer. (I'm not even sure if I'm spelling the dang thing correctly)

I was wondering how and if this thing really works..

From what I understand, the transponder is in the key.. is that correct?

Also, would the transponder even matter if the car was hot wired?

Is there any way that a thief could get around this setup, besides a flatbed truck?

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well I know the immobilizer works because it has for me. I bought an aftermarket switchblade style key fob and the immobilizer transponder was set too far from the key hole and was not deactivating the immobilizer. I was not able to start the car even though the key was cut properly by the Honda dealership because the transponder chip was too far away. I just put my OEM key back together and gave up on the switchblade key even though a mod could be done to get the transponder closer to the front of the key fob. As far as anti-theft, I'm not sure as I don't know much about car theft. Maybe somebody else can chime in about that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. Also I'm wondering if there's any difference between the automatic and manual (Si) versions

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It does work,the only way to steal the car us to tow it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
When parking on the street turn your wheels one way so as to make the car difficult to tow, set parking brake. Every little item helps. These days a flatbed tow truck will just drag your car onto the bed and off they go.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section or not.

I'm having to park my car in the street for a few nights in the near future..

The car has an alarm but I am still concerned about it.

I can't really find anything on the forum or the google machine on the immobilizer. (I'm not even sure if I'm spelling the dang thing correctly)

I was wondering how and if this thing really works..

From what I understand, the transponder is in the key.. is that correct?

Also, would the transponder even matter if the car was hot wired?

Is there any way that a thief could get around this setup, besides a flatbed truck?
yup it works, but car thieves this day uses a tow truck to steal your car

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. Also I'm wondering if there's any difference between the automatic and manual (Si) versions

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
Pretty sure theres no such thing as an auto si

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
And use a steering wheel immobilizer, like the Club. Again, every little thing to deter the thief from stealing your car to stealing your neighbor's car on the street.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the responses and info guys! She will be parked on a little driveway thing where it seems it would be difficult to back a tow truck up to it.. I hope anyway.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's a good idea to have good insurance -- the most likely scenario is they break in to steal stuff. Or take the wheels.

Nothing will deter the amateurs from breaking the glass to get in (because...they're ignorant) but if you have a Navi system or radar detector, clean any suction cup marks off the glass. And of course, don't leave anything in the car.

Wheel locks will deter the amateurs. The pros have tools to bypass them.

Chip H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts