9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just curious if anyone has window tint below 30% and could let me know if they've ever been stopped for it.

I want to get 10% or 20%, but 30% is the legal minimum here in Indiana. Let me know! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it really the legal minimum? I could have sworn it was 25% but I could be wrong. I've been rockin 25% since new years and haven't been stopped at all. My friend who has a prelude just got 23% and hasn't been stopped for it either. Just make sure you find a good place! I have a friend that did mine if you need somebody that does quality work for a decent price

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You bet! I will buy some good film. I'll probably go with 30% on the windshield, 20% on the four door windows, and 15% on the rear window. I'll be sure to post some pictures when it's done.

Saving up for some performance mods, first. When it's all said and done, I hope to have something similar to my avatar - except maybe the paint job.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just went to an auto glass place for a quote a few days ago and they told me they could not do anything below the 30% mark. I'm going to have to find someone who is willing to do 25%.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey man if you want, I can give you my guy's number and you can talk to him? I paid $110 for it, and it's one of the best tint jobs I've seen. And if there are any marks or what not, you just take it back to him and he'll do it over for free.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey man if you want, I can give you my guy's number and you can talk to him? I paid $110 for it, and it's one of the best tint jobs I've seen. And if there are any marks or what not, you just take it back to him and he'll do it over for free.
That would be great! I'd like to see what he says.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm at 20 paid 160 for my coupe all around except windshield.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
157 Posts
Show us ur tints is the company. Great warranty and work. No issues

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure, provide me a number. If he's willing to go below 30% (legal minimum) I'll give him a call. I'm waiting for my next pay check but I'd like to talk to him.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey man i have a place that can give you what ever tint you like, all the way down to 5% i've been rocking 15% for 6 months and i havent been pulled over once (knock on wood) if you're in the indy area though let me know. I can get you their number

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I found a place in Crown Point that will give me 20% all around. They quoted my sedan at 200 so I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well I found a place in Crown Point that will give me 20% all around. They quoted my sedan at 200 so I'll keep looking.
For a sedan that isn't bad. Try show us ur tints in Merrillville/Hobart.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Damn dude, that's kinda expensive. My guy Jason did mine or $110 for the sedan. Without windshield though. Here's his number 317-223-8753

·
Registered
681 Posts
be sure to check what tint they're using. the place i go to offers a cheap $110 tint but it turns purple after time so they don't recommend it. i can get you a deal on the good stuff for like $180 regular price is around $220. it has a warranty with it and is guaranteed not to change colors on you.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK so I found a place in Merriville called Broadway auto glass that quoted me for $160. I'm going to head there one weekend and ask them some questions. Only an hour drive so not too bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im in Columbus Indiana and I always go with 15 percent and never had anyone say anything. Fine line windo tint did mine for $145

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see this thread died a few months ago, but I'm getting mine done tomorrow for $90, been the same price since I had my WS6 in 2001. Delta in Merrillville. Great work too

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just got mine redone by DrProTint. did an awesome job, 15% all around, with eyebrow, plus 5% on the small windows for the rear seats in the coupe.

EDIT: more info, pm me, he only does personal work, and worked on tint for Bentley in zionsville. one of my buddies is a friend with an ex detailer at bentley so mine cost $120, plus $100 to remove the old shitty tint that was done in the first place.

Reactions: BtownSi

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds good. I haven't gotten anything done to my Si yet. Been saving up for big mods this summer.

I'll probably contact them and get 20% sides (doors) and 15% rear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts