9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i decided to do a factory reset on my 2014 civic si navigation screen. When i did it the screen went black and the “honda link” screen came up. I left it alone for 10-15 min and was still stuck on the screen. Any fixes?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,971 Posts
Not sure....but, try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Civic SI 2015. Same problem. Call honda for the radio code just in case, Remove battery for 1hr put it back and still hondalink logo. It never asked for the code. So far...
Power + Home + Eject.
Power + Menu + Dimmer.
Power + Menu + Volume Up/Down.
When I start the car, put reverse & watch lane camera they work until I hit 1st gear. I have thought of removing the radio fuse (not sure which one is the right one), hook up the scanner or remove the radio disconnect and connect.

if someone have find a fix, please let me know..

·
Registered
8 Posts
So today i decided to do a factory reset on my 2014 civic si navigation screen. When i did it the screen went black and the “honda link” screen came up. I left it alone for 10-15 min and was still stuck on the screen. Any fixes?
I found out today that the radio is looking for the software to start and since it cannot load the software that's the reason it keeps rebooting from time to time and back to the hondalink screen. Since I am not in US that's the reason why it will never load. One option someone told me, is to get the link from Honda to download the software put it on a USB and plug into the car and see if that will fix the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out today that the radio is looking for the software to start and since it cannot load the software that's the reason it keeps rebooting from time to time and back to the hondalink screen. Since I am not in US that's the reason why it will never load. One option someone told me, is to get the link from Honda to download the software put it on a USB and plug into the car and see if that will fix the issue.
Oh okay, did you call them yet? If yes, does its work now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So far....Called 2 different Honda dealers in US and their answer was "bring in the car". Then i tried
plugging a usb Ethernet adapter to the usb port or the car and have an ethernet cable going from the adapter directly to the modem and thru a VPN with an IP from US and does nothing. Remove the - from the battery still nothing. Tried to connect the iphone with usb for hotspot with a VPN and does not worked.
I have take the car to 2 different car audio shops and they said there's nothing to be done. To purchase either an Android radio or a AVH unit. When I start the car, the rear camera and the watch lane camera work. If i leave the watch lane camera on after 20 min or so the radio shuts off and restarts to the HondaLink logo, I press the watch lane camera and remains on. As one of the guys on the car Audio shop said. "The radio will be restarting by itself since it is looking for the OS and since it is not installed because it was formatted it restarts after being on the loop searching for the OS."

Seems to be that the leasson learn is "not to format the radio if you are outside of the US because it will be Bricked".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts