9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I talked to raywire about si injector clips pnp and they said if I can get 100 people they will order clips for us....

so who's down??????

info from them
Ill tell you what, if you can get 100 people together, I will purchase the plugs necessary, thanks!
-Ryan

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
We will have injectors soon!:)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Guys, i hate to burst anyones bubbles, but i don't think even with 1000 people, this pnp injector connector is more than likely not going to happen.

This is our connectors right here.

SWS Components for Automobiles

They do not manufacture a mating connector for our 9th gen plugs.

You ask how do i know this? because i have been in direct contact with Sumitomo. Sumitomo is a worldwide manufacturing giant who i think would be safe to say doesn't really care about 100-200 Civic SI enthusiasts to take the time to engineer and create tooling to make the mating connector that our cars would need.

This a complete copy of the dialogue that i have been having with sumitomo except for their contact information removed for privacy sake.

Jason,
Yes, due to the expected quantity, it would not be feasible to develop and manufacture tooling.

Thank you.

Karen

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:19 AM
To: (DET) Karen
Subject: RE: connector purchasing

The usage we are looking at is probably 500/year. If we need to buy more though, that might be a possibility. If you tell me 100,000 units is the minimum purchase amount then I'll have to come up with another solution.

Thanks,
jason

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:37 AM
To: Jason Greenawalt

Jason,
Can you advise what would be the yearly usage on this and I can check further? Since this would involve new tooling and engineering time, etc, the usage would have to make sense before they would check into this further.

Thank you.

Karen

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:31 AM

Karen,

I assumed there wasn't since I did not see it in the catalog. Is there anyway they could be made, and what kind of minimum quantity we would be required to purchase?

Thank you,
jason

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: connector purchasing

Jason,
We have received your below inquiry, however, there is no mating part to 61897036. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Karen

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:39 PM
To: Info
Subject: connector purchasing

To whom it may concern.

Hi, we run a performance motorsports company called PRL Motorsports based out of southwestern Pennsylvania. We built a lot of wiring harnesses for race vehicles utilizing Honda engines. Knowing that sumitomo is the main manufacturer that Honda uses for their OEM wiring harnesses, we are looking for a source to purchase connectors through as well as finding out about having other connectors possibly manufactured. Specifically, we are looking to have a mating connector manufactured for part no. 6189-7036.

<SWS Components for Automobiles>SWS Components for Automobiles

We are looking to make adapters for fuel injectors for some other vehicles, and with a mating connector we would be able to make other style fuel injectors a plug and play solution for our customers.

If you would be able to help us or point us in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks
Jason Greenawalt
Fabrications Manager
PRL Motorsports, LLC

__________________________________________________________________________________________

basically, what i'm trying to say, is that sumitomo does not want to go through all of the headache of producing 500 connectors. at the average selling price of a connector being around 5 bucks, you're only talking an order of around $2500, and 5 bucks is being generous. You have to remember that sumitomo manufactures connectors for Honda corporate, who according to the quick figures i found, sold 313,000 civics in the US last year. at 4 injectors per car, that about 1.2 million connectors for just fuel injectors. So, i can completely understand why sumitomo would not want to waste the time to manufacture a connector for us measly enthusiasts who want to order 500 of them, when honda is ordering 1.2 million connectors for just the fuel injectors on their US civics let alone the 10 other models of cars they produce.

Hopefully the point i'm trying to make here makes sense to you guys.

If somehow rywire has some secret place he orders these from, then i'll eat my words, but i'm pretty sure going straight to the manufacturer and being shot down is about as far as i can get with this.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm down!

I talked to raywire about si injector clips pnp and they said if I can get 100 people they will order clips for us....

so who's down??????

info from them
Ill tell you what, if you can get 100 people together, I will purchase the plugs necessary, thanks!
-Ryan

·
Registered
365 Posts
Guys, i hate to burst anyones bubbles, but i don't think even with 1000 people, this pnp injector connector is more than likely not going to happen.

This is our connectors right here.

SWS Components for Automobiles

They do not manufacture a mating connector for our 9th gen plugs.

You ask how do i know this? because i have been in direct contact with Sumitomo. Sumitomo is a worldwide manufacturing giant who i think would be safe to say doesn't really care about 100-200 Civic SI enthusiasts to take the time to engineer and create tooling to make the mating connector that our cars would need.

This a complete copy of the dialogue that i have been having with sumitomo except for their contact information removed for privacy sake.

Jason,
Yes, due to the expected quantity, it would not be feasible to develop and manufacture tooling.

Thank you.

Karen

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:19 AM

The usage we are looking at is probably 500/year. If we need to buy more though, that might be a possibility. If you tell me 100,000 units is the minimum purchase amount then I'll have to come up with another solution.

Thanks,
jason

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:37 AM
To: Jason Greenawalt

Jason,
Can you advise what would be the yearly usage on this and I can check further? Since this would involve new tooling and engineering time, etc, the usage would have to make sense before they would check into this further.

Thank you.

Karen

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:31 AM

Karen,

I assumed there wasn't since I did not see it in the catalog. Is there anyway they could be made, and what kind of minimum quantity we would be required to purchase?

Thank you,
jason

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: FW: connector purchasing

Jason,
We have received your below inquiry, however, there is no mating part to 61897036. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Karen

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:39 PM
To: Info
Subject: connector purchasing

To whom it may concern.

Hi, we run a performance motorsports company called PRL Motorsports based out of southwestern Pennsylvania. We built a lot of wiring harnesses for race vehicles utilizing Honda engines. Knowing that sumitomo is the main manufacturer that Honda uses for their OEM wiring harnesses, we are looking for a source to purchase connectors through as well as finding out about having other connectors possibly manufactured. Specifically, we are looking to have a mating connector manufactured for part no. 6189-7036.

<SWS Components for Automobiles>SWS Components for Automobiles

We are looking to make adapters for fuel injectors for some other vehicles, and with a mating connector we would be able to make other style fuel injectors a plug and play solution for our customers.

If you would be able to help us or point us in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks
Jason Greenawalt
Fabrications Manager
PRL Motorsports, LLC

__________________________________________________________________________________________

basically, what i'm trying to say, is that sumitomo does not want to go through all of the headache of producing 500 connectors. at the average selling price of a connector being around 5 bucks, you're only talking an order of around $2500, and 5 bucks is being generous. You have to remember that sumitomo manufactures connectors for Honda corporate, who according to the quick figures i found, sold 313,000 civics in the US last year. at 4 injectors per car, that about 1.2 million connectors for just fuel injectors. So, i can completely understand why sumitomo would not want to waste the time to manufacture a connector for us measly enthusiasts who want to order 500 of them, when honda is ordering 1.2 million connectors for just the fuel injectors on their US civics let alone the 10 other models of cars they produce.

Hopefully the point i'm trying to make here makes sense to you guys.

If somehow rywire has some secret place he orders these from, then i'll eat my words, but i'm pretty sure going straight to the manufacturer and being shot down is about as far as i can get with this.
There are other companies that will make a custom mold and produce the male clips with a minimum order quantity. I just made custom ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts