9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the complete PRL RBC Manifold Intake Kit w/ZDX TB on order and I am asking if anyone knows the compatibility between Injen CAI and the new setup. I am getting the impression that I may need to bridge a gap between the two. Anyone know what it is? I am prepared to order from Intakes.com if necessary. Also, does anyone know the OD of the ZD TB inlet and and the Injen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i just got mine installed last week. rbc intake manifold and injen intake. at work right now so i'll get the pic up some time this weekend hopefully

·
Registered
279 Posts
Get a new intake tbh injen intake has to many bends and I found out personally it doesn't pull in cold air when I had my car dyno tuned the temp it was reading was 84 degrees which was like 30 degrees higher than ambient. Ill either be getting the import dps intake or prl depending if I do rbc swap or not

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get a new intake tbh injen intake has to many bends and I found out personally it doesn't pull in cold air when I had my car dyno tuned the temp it was reading was 84 degrees which was like 30 degrees higher than ambient. Ill either be getting the import dps intake or prl depending if I do rbc swap or not

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This unfortunately.

Wait for PRL motorsports to release their CAI/SRI that you can use on a K24 w/ an RBC swap.

or you can get some silicone hoses/couplings (whatever they're called..can't think atm) and just cut em to size.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just got mine installed last week. rbc intake manifold and injen intake. at work right now so i'll get the pic up some time this weekend hopefully
Quick question in the meantime - will I need something to bridge the distance? And what size OD and ID?

·
Registered
59 Posts
im pretty sure ur gona have to get a small extension from yhe tb to the coupler

·
Registered
833 Posts
i had the injen hooked up to my rbc using the stock factory intake flex tube. it was far from optimal. i replaced it with a true cold air intake from an 8th gen. i used the aem CAI and it bolted up good. the only issue was it threw a cel after a week or so but i have a flash pro and Vit Viper tuned it to work together.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I will PM you - went in a different direction per recommendations from PRL.

how did this work out for you?

not trying to be cynnical, but i'm assuming PRL recommended you use their intake, correct? i mean a company is going to recommend you use their product in most cases.

having said that, i stumbled across this thread b/c the PRL requires a battery relocation AND a replacement clutch line... i'm not keen on playing with the clutch line, so i was looking into other CAI options to go with the RBC i have sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ingen CAI with RBC

Can it be done? I really don't want to go through the hassle of relocating the battery, if there was a way i could pair this up to the 70mm zdx throttle body that'd be awesome, has anyone done it or is it even possible?

·
Registered
238 Posts
it will work. don't have the zdx throttle body but if i wanted to, i could bore out the IM and slap it on

1 - 15 of 15 Posts