9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i don't know if you'd be interested in this mod, but i found it works great. As some of you have been saying, the Injen intake pulls in hot are from behind the radiator fans, so I've been looking for an extension or something to angle it out of the way.

After looking on different websites, i decided to look around my garage, and found a piece from our stock intake fits and angles/extends the filter perfectly.

Here's pics:

It sits a little low, but you can tie it up higher if you're concerned.

Also, you'll have to plug the hole in the stock intake piece with something, but that's all!

Any questions, please ask.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Hey all, i don't know if you'd be interested in this mod, but i found it works great. As some of you have been saying, the Injen intake pulls in hot are from behind the radiator fans, so I've been looking for an extension or something to angle it out of the way.

After looking on different websites, i decided to look around my garage, and found a piece from our stock intake fits and angles/extends the filter perfectly.

Here's pics:

It sits a little low, but you can tie it up higher if you're concerned.

Also, you'll have to plug the hole in the stock intake piece with something, but that's all!

Any questions, please ask.

Aren't you worried about getting hydro locked? If it heavily rains.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably pull it up a little bit or angle it inside, but it doesn't hang any lower than the bumper, i just took this picture on an angle so people can see it so it looks lower

·
Registered
541 Posts
That corrugated tube is 80% of the inlet restriction on the stock intake. Kind-of defeats the purpose of having a CAI if you're still using it.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
That corrugated tube is 80% of the inlet restriction on the stock intake. Kind-of defeats the purpose of having a CAI if you're still using it.
80% of the stock intake restriction is the resonator tubing that runs up into the engine bay at the corner of the hood. That tube really isn't going to affect power all that much. Sure it would be better if he bought a silicone coupler and a piece of aluminum pipe, but this probably helps make more power than the filter sitting in front of the radiator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts