9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Injen CAI+Hondata Reflash+Throttle Body Spacer

16K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  RR'12SiCp 
#1 ·
First I'd like to say anyone who didn't successfullyu install the CAI with the TBS did not try. It was no problem all you ran into was the one hose being slightly short. So u just attach it 1/4 inch shy on each end and clamp it good and youre fine. Or just buty a hose thats a bit longer. Anyways the CAI with the reflash and the spacer is insanely nice. Feels quick as shit now love the pick up and response. That whistle it makes around 3500 to 4500 is awesome.

#3 ·
the sound gets even better as you get more, now with the intake manifold its amazing and im about to get the throttle body and see how it is

#8 ·
O ye of little faith lol heres the pics of the CAI with the TBS installed View attachment 5911 View attachment 5912 View attachment 5913 View attachment 5914
And of course me and the boys lined up for our cheap wing night to celebrate the install success lol
I'm glad it's worked out for you. I have the reflash & Injen intake too... minus the spacer. While I LOVE the reflash, I dislike the intake... I've already removed it... different strokes for different folks I guess.

Your car looks sweet with the areo kit. Is your buddy's stang a 5.0? Have you driven it? That's what I really wanted when shopping for the Si, sadly, it wasn't in the budget!

#5 ·
not bad...just wondering if you will be getting a dyno?

#12 ·
Yes my buddys Mustang is the 2012 5.0. No I have not driven it. He just got it last month. Its very fast and getting supercharged next week. Right now tho the Evo X my other friend has is 430 hp vs the Mustangs 420 hp they are fairly evenly matched presently but not after the supercharger.

#23 · (Edited)
Bryan,

I agree. I have the Injen CAI & P2R TBS. I too love the Whoot of the CAI & the whistle of the TBS.

My first mod was the TBS. Didn't really notice any performance improvements, nor did I hear the whistle? MPG's were the same too,

My second mod was the CAI, but I removed the TBS. I definitely noticed a noise improvement and what I think was an improvement in performance. Vtec, much better! The cool thing is my MPG's went up by 2-3 mpg, awesome!

My third setup (last week) was the combination of the TBS & CAI. I definitely like it, but my MPG's really dropped! 24-25? I am very confused. How did you make out?

Anyone else, please chime in. Thanks!

#27 ·
If it records good, I will :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.