9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might be just me but it seems since I installed the Injen CAI it feels like my low end acceleration has dropped, Say i floor it it seems to kinda be sluggish til it gets up to a higher rpm. Any one else notice this or have any input? Im seriously considering taking it out. I also have the Hondata reflash and the Throttle Body Spacer incase that makes a difference.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did you not read the many threads about others having this same issue bry?

Thats why I bought(but have yet to install) the ART SRI

·
Registered
286 Posts
Every honda that I have ever had has lost low end power with an intake...generally, you are going to gain high rpm power at the expense of low end power with bolt-ons on these cars (honda 4 bangers)....I did the resonator delete on mine and there is no doubt that I lost l some torque below 3500 rpm.

This is why I would go with the afe intake if I got one....I just can't justify the price tag....the car is plenty fun to drive in stock form for me....I am more into curves and back roads than into racing other people.
Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya well i'm convinced now. I'm putting the stock parts back in. I'll just sell the CAI. Whats the point of losing the one thing that was the main improvement of the 9th gen.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I totally noticed this too... I also have the reflash. I bought the intake when it first came out... Ran it for a week and thought it seemed sluggish... Thought it was just me... But after I put the stock box back in, it was better right away. I ended up selling the intake for a slight loss to another member on here.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
134 Posts
well, if you do any type of heavy acceleration you're going to be above 4k RPM anyways. So it shouldn't be an issue at all for most people. But honestly I do not feel the lost in torque with my spacer and injen cai.

·
Registered
241 Posts
honestly, I'd wait until the Hondata FlashPro's out before selling your CAI. The custom maps they'll have with that and the better tuning you'll be able to get over the reflash that has been offered already should help you get gains on all levels, rather than just the higher RPM's. I know it's just assumptions for now, but once the FlashPro is out we'll all find out for certain and you don't want to sell your CAI before you know for sure whether or not FlashPro will help :) Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
to be honest, in the lower range, it feels basically the same if not better than before i installed the injen, in the mid to higher range it it def feels quicker and better. but of course this is all just my observation and opinion.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just took mine off for other reasons but I do notice the lag is gone now. Also did anyone notice the hfp intake is a short ram also. No pretzel for the hfp compass 360 car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
with may past honda's i have had ..it was ALL ways a trial and error . i bought parts test them and if they didnt help then i sold them . of course i was drag racing mostly and didnt have a dyno around to tune with ... good luck in your search .

IMO CAI will lose torq . but gain top end HP

Ian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts