9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about the Injen CAI having sluggishness and lag issues because it's pulling in hot air from the radiator fans, and i can feel this is true because when my engine is cold, I feel responsiveness from the engine abs no lag between shifts but when it gets hot, the exact opposite.

I read that someone extended their Injen intake to reach all the way to behind their fog light. I want to do the same thing but not sure exactly how to do it (the guy that did it isn't responding) but I went on Injen's website and saw that they have rubber couplers that you can buy (like the one that goes from the intake to the throttle body) and was wondering if I could buy that on the end of the intake and then put the filter on there, what do you guys think?

Also then I would want to wrap it done kind of heat shield tape to (hopefully) shield it from the radiator heat, do you think that would help at all?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One S

·
Registered
35 Posts
Keeping the filter away from the hot air will help but if I recall the filter straps to the pipe so a coupler won't help unless u add a short section of pipe. My friend tried wrap on his tube but didn't see any real noticeable difference on the dyno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts