9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've had my 2015 Si for about three months now and I love it. I just ordered a flashpro and I'm really excited to get it tuned. One of my friends showed me this website for other tuning chips. Has anyone ever heard of this brand? I am just looking to get some more information. I'm not gonna use it on my Si, I might have another application in the near future.

https://www.gainmpg.com

·
Registered
725 Posts
Most of these are crap. Google "performance chips" and you will see that their claims are outrageous. The old saying about, "You get what you pay for" is too true.

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is stupid, $70 for it and there is no screen, or buttons, doesn't even look like it can plug into your computer or OBD2 port. Stack-able? to my knowledge you can't tune with flashpro and then all of sudden add Ktuner, doesn't work like that. Mighty Car Mods did a video on these so called "performance ships" and found that if you open the chip up, its nothing more then a resistor inside running in parallel with your ECU. So MCM proved while it doesn't hurt your car, it doesn't had performance either. There wasn't even a processor in the damn thing. Just a a shiny piece of hardware with wires inside.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not sure how this one "works". Older ones were just a resister soldered in-line with the temperature sensor. They just made the car run slightly richer, which made it feel like it had more low-end. Some of them would prevent cars from going into closed loop.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just watched the youtube vid here.

Wow! He connects it...this rinky dink thing. Revs the engine and is like "the chip added power throttle response and performance". After he revved it 3x to 2500 rpms

Lol

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
They are saying one size fits all type of talk, Ford, Chevy, Honda and ect, Nope! The air to fuel trim has to be set to each engine, to achieve any gain what so ever, A piggy back module could work and make this happen, it wouldn't be a very noticeable gain though, but even if it were a piggy back, it would have to programmed specifically for the engine it is running on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts