9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there I have a new 2012 civic si and just bought a darkside performance chip to try out. The chip connects to the iat sensor and has 2 wires my problem where is the iat sensor located? And is it the 5 pin plug on top of the air box? If so what 2 wires do I use to instal this chip thanks and any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I wouldnt bother trying to wire it up and hack up your wires to your sensor it wont do anything for your car, wait for Hondata Flashpro till it comes out or if you are willing to send your ecu in do the Hondata Reflash which is available right now other then that there is nothing out yet that will do anything for your car when it comes to "perfomance chips" those ebay performance chips are just a rip off best to do alot of reading first on doing mods to a car and save the headache of buying something that you wasted money on, there are lots of members on here that will give ya some advice.

this thread has the list of what is avaliable for our cars right now

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/bolt-ons-all-motor-non-si/8772-after-market-parts-list-links.html

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's $300 for the reflash, you have to mail in your ecu. Once flashpro comes out it will be $600 and much better for tuning the car to your liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I feel bad that OP bought one of those :(

yea..that sucks... makes u wonder how many people who get screwed by those.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
I believe it is just a resistor to fool the sensor on the temperature of the temperatures. Something that could be bought at radio shack for less than $1.

While in some cases people have claimed gains I would never suggest that as a mod for someone especially with a new(ish) car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's $300 for the reflash, you have to mail in your ecu. Once flashpro comes out it will be $600 and much better for tuning the car to your liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Okay now my car is completely stock I plan on doing 18s dropping it a 1" plus doing exhaust intake. Now I no I might do bigger injectors. What would work better hondata or flash pro? Or there is another I looked up k pro? Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe it is just a resistor to fool the sensor on the temperature of the temperatures. Something that could be bought at radio shack for less than $1.

While in some cases people have claimed gains I would never suggest that as a mod for someone especially with a new(ish) car.
Hey would we all like to find out I'm willing to take a hammer to it? Break the case and find out. Lol and to everyone it was a mistake lol I'm 19 first new car and all.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
it happens most people starting into the "mod scene" tend to buy stuff not realizing it actually doesnt do anything for ya lol.
Hondata is the name of the company that makes Flashpro, Kpro and so on. I dont know if Kpro will work for our cars yet but flashpro isnt available yet so right now the only think you have to choose from is the Hondata Reflash and I believe i have heard that once flashpro comes out you may get a discount if you bought/installed the reflash already but Flashpro is the best thing for our cars when it becomes available for us, you may want to hold off on bigger injectors they arent really necessary unless you decide to turbocharge or supercharge your Si or if you do port and polish and change up camshafts and all that and right now aftermarket parts for our cars are scarce right now no camshaft options right now not worth doing a port and polish without a proper tune. I would say for starting off for mods best thing to start with is the wheels and suspension mods then go from there. for suspension i would say go with a set of springs like Eibach, H&R or one of those brands and grab a set of good shocks for them you dont really need coilovers if you are just doing around a 1 inch drop. thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it happens most people starting into the "mod scene" tend to buy stuff not realizing it actually doesnt do anything for ya lol.
Hondata is the name of the company that makes Flashpro, Kpro and so on. I dont know if Kpro will work for our cars yet but flashpro isnt available yet so right now the only think you have to choose from is the Hondata Reflash and I believe i have heard that once flashpro comes out you may get a discount if you bought/installed the reflash already but Flashpro is the best thing for our cars when it becomes available for us, you may want to hold off on bigger injectors they arent really necessary unless you decide to turbocharge or supercharge your Si or if you do port and polish and change up camshafts and all that and right now aftermarket parts for our cars are scarce right now no camshaft options right now not worth doing a port and polish without a proper tune. I would say for starting off for mods best thing to start with is the wheels and suspension mods then go from there. for suspension i would say go with a set of springs like Eibach, H&R or one of those brands and grab a set of good shocks for them you dont really need coilovers if you are just doing around a 1 inch drop. thats my 2 cents
Okay sweet thanks a lot and yeah I noticed drop coils on eBay for $399 I believe* and what's your thought on spacers?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Okay sweet thanks a lot and yeah I noticed drop coils on eBay for $399 I believe* and what's your thought on spacers?
Seems like you're new to the car mod scene. Do a lot of research before buying things! Those chips are all BS. Flash pro will be out soon wait for that!

Reactions: faya

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seems like you're new to the car mod scene. Do a lot of research before buying things! Those chips are all BS. Flash pro will be out soon wait for that!
Yeah I admit it I'm fairly new to this kind of molding. I've had a few Chevy s10s one on Tudors another that was and xtreme but not a Honda si before. I really have big ideas for this car and I guess that's what's this forum is here for to help another out. I do respect and appreciate all the help

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Spacers are good if your wheels are too wide and the offset of the rim isnt the right offset for your car because without a spacer wide wheels will rub, and also wide wheels will reduce your turning radius i am pretty sure but dont quote me on that. just be careful what you buy off ebay alot of counterfeit products on there so the quality is sketchy my advice is since you have an Si it may take longer to save for these things but the quality of the product should be taken into consideration first before the cost of the product, always plan first you will find that it will take you a while to get everything you want but in the end it will turn out better if you take your time with all the mods you want and do some reading too google is a good tool and i always found atleast a little bit of good info in modified mag, super street, and PAS mag there are alot of members on here too with alot of experience when it comes to these things

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: faya

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Spacers are good if your wheels are too wide and the offset of the rim isnt the right offset for your car because without a spacer wide wheels will rub, and also wide wheels will reduce your turning radius i am pretty sure but dont quote me on that. just be careful what you buy off ebay alot of counterfeit products on there so the quality is sketchy my advice is since you have an Si it may take longer to save for these things but the quality of the product should be taken into consideration first before the cost of the product, always plan first you will find that it will take you a while to get everything you want but in the end it will turn out better if you take your time with all the mods you want and do some reading too google is a good tool and i always found atleast a little bit of good info in modified mag, super street, and PAS mag there are alot of members on here too with alot of experience when it comes to these things

Okay thanks a lot now spacers are just separate for a rim with back spacing right? And thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Okay thanks a lot now spacers are just separate for a rim with back spacing right? And thanks for the help
Spacers are placed between the hub(where the rims attach at) and the rim itself yeah they are seperate spacers go for about 35 bucks a piece so 140 for the whole car i think i am just guesstimating tho you wont really need them tho you just need to know the bolt pattern and offset for your car your bolt pattern it 5x114 and offset i think depends on the rim my wheels for instance are 17 inch and they are 8 wide and my offset is +45 and i didnt need spacers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.