9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy the Civic 2013 EX-L online through penfed because I get a good rate on financing:
https://penfed.truecar.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZPEN000005
Now, I won't be able to get any accessories installed with the online purchase.

And I wanted to have Body Side Moldings, Auto Day/Night Mirror and Wheel Locks installed.

Would it be possible to have these accessories installed outside of dealership from some reputed shop.
If somebody could recommend any such auto shop which deals with the installation of accessories in the Austin, TX area, then that would be great. I can buy the accessories online it seems from handa-accessories.com. The dealer is charging me $750 extra for these three accessories [cost+installation].

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Paying for " wheel lock" install is throwing money away,do that yourself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Order the body-side moldings from College Hills Honda, then follow their install video:

The templates come with the kit -- all you need is some blue painter's tape, some alcohol, and a warm garage.

Like Bobshur said, wheel-locks are a no-brainer. Just remove one lug from each wheel and replace with one lock. Tighten to 80 ft-lbs of torque (about that weight applied to the end of the factory lug wrench). Put the key in the trunk with the wrench (won't do you any good if you leave it at home..)

There is also a video for the Gentex day/night/homelink mirror, but it's more involved. I would contact a stereo installer for this, someone like Custom Sounds (they have several locations in town).

Chip H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts