9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was one of the R&D vehicles used by AFE to produce their sealed short ram intake. Since they put it on my car I definitely noticed a difference in the response and power. I'm not saying its a huge difference because its just an intake but it is a noticeable one. I love the sound it produces, its more of a "beefy" aggressive type sound and far from "ricey". I've also noticed the 2nd gear lag to be a little less noticeable. They wanted to produce an intake that could be a direct fit without any cutting or permanent modification being done, and one that can produce max power achieved from a short ram intake and it is a job well done. This companies background is awesome and has people that came from the best companies now on their team producing and designing these products.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If this out now? Available for Si Sedan?

Sent from my LG-G2X

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Did they dyno it to show hp and tq increases? Would love to see the actual numbers

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this out now? Available for Si Sedan?

Sent from my LG-G2X
No this is not out now but they want to start production very soon. It is for the sedan but im sure it will work with the coupe also.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did they dyno it to show hp and tq increases? Would love to see the actual numbers
Yes the did run it on the dyno. I saw the results but im not allowed to discuss the numbers. They will release the dyno results later on.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes the did run it on the dyno. I saw the results but im not allowed to discuss the numbers. They will release the dyno results later on.
Honest is the BEST policy! But now I want to know the results even more! Lol. From a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest how do you like it?

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
good dal... cant wait to see the numbers... any idea on pricing yet?

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
No pics. No numbers. No pricing. Awesome post. I hate these companies that act like they work for Lockheed Martins skunk works dept. everything is "classified" lol. Whatever makes you feel "cool" bro. It's just an elbow and a filter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont have any experience with another intake on the k series but I would probably give it an 8 .. It is well built and it serves its purpose but no idea on pricing

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/bolt-ons-all-motor/3906-installed-afe-sealed-short-ram.html
No pics. No numbers. No pricing. Awesome post. I hate these companies that act like they work for Lockheed Martins skunk works dept. everything is "classified" lol. Whatever makes you feel "cool" bro. It's just an elbow and a filter.
I never said I was "cool" or think I even have that impression but thanks for taking time out of your day to hate on my post.. And since its as simple as an "elbow and a filter" im assuming you dont plan on getting an intake for your car. You want pricing..look for an average price on the manufacturers website... You want numbers..look for the 8th gen numbers and youll get an idea... You want pics.. You know what it looks like.. Its an elbow and a filter

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I dont have any experience with another intake on the k series but I would probably give it an 8 .. It is well built and it serves its purpose but no idea on pricing
That's cool. Well enjoy it! I cant wait to get some kind of intake.

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
29 Posts
We plan to release photos in about a week and then the dyno can be posted too. We want to get an independent dyno as well to confirm our numbers. We asked the owner not to post photos yet since we are still making some cosmetic adjustments. The intake is a sealed short ram intake. We utilize the bottom portion of the air box to bring in air from the OE location. The top is a vacuum formed top, uses a 3 angled injection molded adaptor, and aFe Pro 5R 5 layer filter. It's a very clean kit, not a filter on a stick. We will supply dyno, air intake temp, and flow numbers shortly. We show gains of a little over 10hp.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
We plan to release photos in about a week and then the dyno can be posted too. We want to get an independent dyno as well to confirm our numbers. We asked the owner not to post photos yet since we are still making some cosmetic adjustments. The intake is a sealed short ram intake. We utilize the bottom portion of the air box to bring in air from the OE location. The top is a vacuum formed top, uses a 3 angled injection molded adaptor, and aFe Pro 5R 5 layer filter. It's a very clean kit, not a filter on a stick. We will supply dyno, air intake temp, and flow numbers shortly. We show gains of a little over 10hp.
Awesome news and thanks for the update! Can't wait for the Photos.

Sent from my LG-P999

·
Registered
182 Posts
:worthless:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
pics...sounds like my setup sort of

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
sounds good...cant wait to see it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can't wait...I have an afe intake in my truck and I love it! Are you going to be selling both oiled and dry filters?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/bolt-ons-all-motor/3906-installed-afe-sealed-short-ram.html

I never said I was "cool" or think I even have that impression but thanks for taking time out of your day to hate on my post.. And since its as simple as an "elbow and a filter" im assuming you dont plan on getting an intake for your car. You want pricing..look for an average price on the manufacturers website... You want numbers..look for the 8th gen numbers and youll get an idea... You want pics.. You know what it looks like.. Its an elbow and a filter
lol thats funny sh1t right there! im with ya bro, i know how it is with the whole R&D aspect so no hard feelings even though this thread is a huge tease.

But AFE has a good name and im sure whatever they came up with will be a great product. I've used their products before on other cars/trucks and was very happy with the results/product.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts