9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MG_20140615_000835.jpg MG_20140615_000848.jpg

please excuse the shitty wire job for the amp. not my doing and will zip tie it soon.

Was a pretty easy install, however, getting the connection from the stock part of the intake onto the typhoon was a bitch.

My suggestion for anybody doing install is to remove battery and part of the stock intake tube to connect the 2 pieces then put stock tube back into place.
The k&n connection is round but the stock portion is slightly oval so you have to be careful putting it on.

Anyway I haven't noticed any power increase per se. I know it's def a lot louder when I push on the throttle, and whenever I'm at 3.5k it starts to get louder as well.

Luckily when at cruising speed it's not any louder than stock which is nice. no drone :eusa_dance:

I just filled up and I'll let you know how my mileage is after. I don't drive a whole lot so it may be a bit haha.

Anyway let me know what you think, any questions etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll be installing one today on my '13 Si. I'll try leave a note on gas milage in a about week when i drain my tank. Did you actually remove the battery when you installed it, or is that just a recommendation in hindsight?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I'll be installing one today on my '13 Si. I'll try leave a note on gas milage in a about week when i drain my tank. Did you actually remove the battery when you installed it, or is that just a recommendation in hindsight?
When I first installed it I didn't remove the battery. I showed a friend and he noticed it had partly came undone. So that's when we removed the battery and re-installed that part of it.

In short, recommendation in hindsight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I first installed it I didn't remove the battery. I showed a friend and he noticed it had partly came undone. So that's when we removed the battery and re-installed that part of it.

In short, recommendation in hindsight.
Did you need to put in a radio code after disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Its a kick ass system. Had same issue with plastic tube. Put grease on it, some super slippery 0W20 oil and eventually filed down the barb a tiny tiny bit as need this to hold clamp in place albeit not under boost so doable. I love the sound, butt dyno feels it but like trying to see if 0W20 oil gets better mpg than say a 15W50, good luck! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's a great intake I have one on my 2013 SI, defiantly a throaty noise if you press the throttle between 2000-3000 RPM, only issue I had with it is the loss of low end torque around 1600-2200 RPM, eventually I got a tune which fixed all of its drive-ability issues.

Do you notice this at all? its really noticeable in 6th if your at around 1800 RPM and have the throttle really pressed it feels like the engine is braking for a split second then comes back.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a great intake I have one on my 2013 SI, defiantly a throaty noise if you press the throttle between 2000-3000 RPM, only issue I had with it is the loss of low end torque around 1600-2200 RPM, eventually I got a tune which fixed all of its drive-ability issues.

Do you notice this at all? its really noticeable in 6th if your at around 1800 RPM and have the throttle really pressed it feels like the engine is braking for a split second then comes back.
I haven't really done a lot of take offs yet. I.think I did notice some lack of torque around that rpm but I'm never in it long enough to notice haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was that from the K&N website? I was able to find this thread again where Vit did a comparison, this is what I was talking about,

1781499_1457847104426959_348044865_o.png

I had ran without a tune for 5 months with the intake alone and honestly I never noticed anything weird besides the rare occurrence of that 1800 torque drop, I was addicted to the sound lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just driving my car from work to home (about 25 min) I lifted the hood to check the oil and it was unbelievably hot under there, I just can't see how a short ram CAI is the way to go

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just Installed one of these on my car today. As far as power, I can't really tell a difference. It really is a lot louder however, really like the new sound. And the vtec sounds much more aggressive now.

And just a FYI when you disconnect the battery on a 14 you do have to enter a security code for the radio.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the k&n system on my car I really didnt see much of a power difference but the sound was really nice, it had a hissing sound at redline and right before, apparently that's normal? but vtec was a lot more noticeable!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the k&n system on my car I really didnt see much of a power difference but the sound was really nice, it had a hissing sound at redline and right before, apparently that's normal? but vtec was a lot more noticeable!
Right before I took mine out and adjusted it. It made the same noise. Idk if it's a leak or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had one on my 2010 V6 Accord, gas mileage was better but according to my mechanic the Mass Air Sensor cannot calculate (fuel ratio to air intake) above a certain reading threshold so the car actually runs a bit leaner on gas (hence the mileage increase) and the torque convertor suffers over time and in my opinion the car produces less power, at least that's what it felt like to me....especially in the higher RPM's. I wont be installing a K&N on my Si, nice sound, but that's about it.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts