9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
To bad I have an si and the trunk dose not open like that at all . It pops the lock and sits in the same place . I'm guessing I have a problem ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir I do have a Spoiler you think its from the added weight ? I mean you think it would open like yours .

Signal give me a few minutes and ill set the SI spoiler on it and we'll see what happens

·
Registered
133 Posts
Signal, does ur SI have the spoiler on the trunk?
My ex was as u describe, before i installed the SI springs
Ok sorry didnt read in full . Yours was as mine just before the springs . Well this mod you have done would be great for anyone without a spoiler . Then you could hit your self in the face how fast it opens now lol .

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Signal i just tried to take a vid with the spoiler on the trunk to see how it opened, but its too dark for the vid. However, with the SI spoiler on the trunk, the trunk only opens as u described earlier->pops the lock and sits in the same place

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
To bad I have an si and the trunk dose not open like that at all . It pops the lock and sits in the same place . I'm guessing I have a problem ?

honda made it like that because if you forgot to close your trunk it will automatically close when hitting little dip/bump.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Signal i just tried to take a vid with the spoiler on the trunk to see how it opened, but its too dark for the vid. However, with the SI spoiler on the trunk, the trunk only opens as u described earlier->pops the lock and sits in the same place
Ok thanks man, had me thinking lol .

·
Registered
178 Posts
Am I the only one around here . . .

who wanted to see Honda put Hydralic Trunk and Hood lifts into the 9th gen Civic?

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
who wanted to see Honda put Hydralic Trunk and Hood lifts into the 9th gen Civic?
the 'heavy duty' springs/torsion bars i swapped were a waste of dollars...no different than the original. the vid shows em popping the trunk all the way up, or almost, but after a few months of use, they are exactly like the original....lesson learned and money wasted

·
Registered
192 Posts
Im glad my Si trunk doesn't pop open. this way, if i ever open the trunk with the key fob by accident, you cannot tell its open unless you really look at the car of actually try to open it. I would only want my trunk to pop open if I had a two way remote that would tell me it was open. Idiot proof for idiots like me lol:happy:

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Digger, if you want it to open more. Use something like this around the torso and it will put more pressure to open.

hey AD, i saw that on u tube.....great n cheap mod.....thanx 4 posting

1 - 20 of 25 Posts