9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Installing 4 Chanel amp with 4 new speakers

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  tpilat 
#1 ·
I recently bought new speakers and installed them just fine. The problem is the amp. This is my first time so I'm a little confused. I have the amp in the trunk and plan on using the speaker wire for the rear speakers to convert them to rca and splitting the rca using y cable to split into the 4 chanels amp input then simply connecting the rear speakers directly to the amp. I got that part but the part that troubles me is connecting the amp to the front speakers and also adding two tweeters. Do i run speaker wire to the front? if so then what? pretty much only thing I'm missing is the front. Also is there a factory amp that I would have to remove? I feel like I'm way over my head on this one. oh by the way its 2012 lx. Thanks guys!

#5 ·
Excuse the top answers as there wrong unless you want mono sound and want garbage sound.no pun intended.for ultimately best result you need 2 LOC one for the front one for the back to give you 4 ch output and rewire each speaker individualy and if your planning on doing tweets are you just adding them to a set of coaxials?or are you speaking of a component set? either way you need to run at minimum 14 gauge woven and shielded speaker wire and NOT use the factory wiring. The only thing you'll be using the factory wires are to splice in the LOCs don't CUT your wires just tap unless your skilled and can shave the wires and solder without cutting sort of like doing a t-joint.then run 2 good pairs of rcas such as woven double shielded to make sure you don't get alternator whine..hmu if you have questions.ill be glad to help

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#12 ·
btw if you have an LX sedan, I have dozens of install pics if you need a walk through. I wired up 4 speakers to a 4 channel amp and one sub up to a mono amp. I also installed an aftermarket deck. I was not aware of the LOC when i started my system build in my previous car and didnt think buying a LOC was worth it when I already had a headunit to put in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.