9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forums and I am thinking about buying a Civic LX and I am for sure putting an aftermarket sound system in the car. I was wondering if anyone put in an aftermarket Headunit and was able to use the factory USB and Aux ports with their new head unit (assuming your new HU has a USB port and Aux port in the back)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The stock usb is tied to the Imid so you won't be able to use it to play music. get a head unit that has usb...most now come with usb. If you want to use the aux input you have to solder on aux from the head unit to the back of the stock usb...it's not that hard really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want to use an ipod connector for my pioneer 4400 head unit. The ipod connector has one end for ipod, and and one end for the head unit with USB/AUX. Is there any way to maybe get a splitter aux cable. one for the ipod and one to connect to the stock aux port? Is there any way to have the stock aux work while the ipod is connected? I dont want to try and listen to two music sources at the same time, I just want to be able to plug in another(non apple) product to the vehicles speakers every now and then to listen to.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
I want to use an ipod connector for my pioneer 4400 head unit. The ipod connector has one end for ipod, and and one end for the head unit with USB/AUX. Is there any way to maybe get a splitter aux cable. one for the ipod and one to connect to the stock aux port? Is there any way to have the stock aux work while the ipod is connected? I dont want to try and listen to two music sources at the same time, I just want to be able to plug in another(non apple) product to the vehicles speakers every now and then to listen to.
Huh? I really can't understand what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Im not sure either but if you want the stock AUX to work with your head unit, then you have to connect it manual (slicing or reroute connectors). Usually aftermarket hu these days have all three connectors ipod, aux, and usb....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.