9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. So i bought an Lx Obviously no NAV.... I bought an avh 2300 but there are no kits out yet.. My question is... If I were remove my stock non NAV radio and buy the panel/ the plastic that surrounds the stock navigation radio and the stock brackets that hold the NAV do you guys think i would be able to install it that way ?? Any input would be good... Here are the parts for what im thinking...

Honda Automotive Parts

Total like 40 $
77250-TR0-A01ZA 012 001 PANEL ASSY., CENTER
*NH809L* 77255-TR0-A00 013 001 BRACKET, RADIO (PASSENGER SIDE)
77256-TR0-A00 014 001 BRACKET, RADIO (DRIVER SIDE)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd wait for the Double DIN mounting plates for that deck on UR LX to start making there way to market before I fit a new deck.

Or buy a spare parts and take the Dremel to it and test it out.

Either way... post pics. I'm sure a lot of us on here wanna know what happens.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd wait for the Double DIN mounting plates for that deck on UR LX to start making there way to market before I fit a new deck.

Or buy a spare parts and take the Dremel to it and test it out.

Either way... post pics. I'm sure a lot of us on here wanna know what happens.

I know i SHOULD wait...but its so hard.... I spoke to a service rep at Scoche and they said the kit is in the making... i asked when it would be ready they said they do not know... did not even give me a ballpark date :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like every other rep that I have talk'd 2 @ at every company I have call'd for every part I'm looking for.

I know it's unrelated and slightly lame, but I'm waiting on Weather tech to make mats. LOL.

K&N for Filters & CAI

And the list goes on....

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like every other rep that I have talk'd 2 @ at every company I have call'd for every part I'm looking for.

I know it's unrelated and slightly lame, but I'm waiting on Weather tech to make mats. LOL.

K&N for Filters & CAI

And the list goes on....
haha i hear ya....
Do you prefer weather tech mats over OEM ones though?? are they better ?
Because i was thinnkin of getting the OEMs from ebay...they have them for 84.99 free shipping

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Ok.. So i bought an Lx Obviously no NAV.... I bought an avh 2300 but there are no kits out yet.. My question is... If I were remove my stock non NAV radio and buy the panel/ the plastic that surrounds the stock navigation radio and the stock brackets that hold the NAV do you guys think i would be able to install it that way ?? Any input would be good... Here are the parts for what im thinking...
I like what your thinking here. I also think it would depend on the stock NAVI size. As long as yours fits INSIDE the OEM opening on the panel, it would likely be the best looking way to go.

I spoke to a service rep at Scoche and they said the kit is in the making...
I would follow up if you could...see if they are making a kit to fit inside the OEM Navi panel, like to fill the gap between that and OEM size, or are they making a panel to replace our radio panel?

haha i hear ya....
Do you prefer weather tech mats over OEM ones though??
Its debatable. If you go weathertech, it seems their digtal fit is much better than the OEM Mats. i bought OEM and i like them, but the digital fit are supposed to be like a tray that will come up as high as say the trunk/gas latch. would be much better for trapping snow, sand, salt, etc.
I will take a look once they come out, if they go up under the pedals they will be worth it, as the OEM really is just a rubber mat. Good for wet shoes, but not great for all-weather. Price will be between 100-150 is what members are reporting as estimates, but def. a superior product according to those who have had them before. Also check CHH, they offer good prices on OEM mats, but dont know where you would be after shipping. They also said they plan to carry weathertech once released.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Buy the nav dash piece go to best buy and buy a single dash kit and screw it in like you would In other cars. When I install single dins in other cars that have a stock double din stereo u just slip the kit in if they don't have the nav dash piece

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm a fan of the Weather Tech Mats. Personally, I think they are worth every dollar and are better than any OEM Set Honda makes.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I'm going with WT cuz of the winters here. You need all the help you can get with the salt
I might do the same if I can come up with the extra cash and members give good reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys... I think i have to get the oem mats at least for now becausee i forsee that carpet getting super dirty reall quick...

anyhow as far as the radio goes..i think im going to do it..and i think what tran said about just buying a regular double din kit after using the nav style panel is right on because thats kinda what the guy i spoke to at best buy was hinting towards.. i will definately keep you guys posted though.. I was thinking of doing it myself but i might just have best buy do it.. ither way like i said before Ill make sure to get plenty pics

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright guys the deed is done!!!! awsome news!! it does work!!!
I was able to mount the stock brackets from the stock Navigation unit which i ordered offline onto the pioneer avh 2300....then screw that into the center panel that comes on the civics with navigation ...which i also ordered online...and then everything lines up and clips in and i am able to use the original screws to screw it in from the bottom of the radio... difficulty 1-10 ... about 2-3... i have pics but im at work right noww.....but if you guys want to do it ...go for it...

as for the I-mid...no errors.. but the radio slide is no longer present...
the stock usb input works for the imid but does not hook up to the radio anymore...

the avh2300 has auxilary input and usb so thats no issue for me...

as for any gaps... no gaps.. looks flush stock.. You do need to have the decorative panel for your new radio though.....

pretty much behind the stock radio, there are 3 harnesses.. the big main one.. which are pictured (has all the speaker wires on it) and then two others... those two others are now just hanging out back there... so im sure if you find some kind of adapter for those you might be able to hook them up and have the imid function perhaps...

any specfiic questions let me know...I also installed the rear deck speakers....if you want help with those let me know...its just such a pain to take pics while your concentrated on doing something... but pm and i can walk you through it difficulty from 1-10 on rear speakers ... id say 4-5...just becaue you have to remove a few things but its doable and should take you no more than 30 minutes... Ill do a DIY but no pics yet..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice! Please post more pics and perhaps a DIY in detail! Looks great!!!

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
46 Posts
Civic Ex Bluetooth Microphone

Is it possible , after installing an aftermarket radio with bluetooth , to use the cars built in microphone that is in the ceiling and somehow either through the use of an adapter of whatever is required , mate it to the aftermarket stereo ? Anyone tried this yet or is it even possible.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it possible , after installing an aftermarket radio with bluetooth , to use the cars built in microphone that is in the ceiling and somehow either through the use of an adapter of whatever is required , mate it to the aftermarket stereo ? Anyone tried this yet or is it even possible.

MM good question man---ud probably need to go to honda.. get the wiring diagram--- find the wires for the mic ..splice into them and then hook it up to the aftermarket unit ... dont see why this would not work

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very nice, CivicMX! I did have a question though. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but I wanted to know if there was a way for the i-MID to display album art and music info while using the radio, whether it be by hooking up to the stock USB input or through the new deck. I'll just get Best Buy to install it for me, considering my employee discount, so I'm not worried about the install.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts