9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2015 LX Sedan without nav or anything but whoever owned the car before had already swapped some of the dash trim out for the some of the carbon fiber style pieces from a 2015 Si and I just bought online the Radio bezel with the touchscreen nav system from a 2015 Si, my question is will the existing harness in my 2015 LX have the necessary connections to just plug this right in or will something have to be modified, I tried calling my local dealership and they were no help at all to say the least. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
my question is will the existing harness in my 2015 LX have the necessary connections to just plug this right in
I tried calling my local dealership and they were no help at all to say the least. Thanks in advance for any help.
The dealer was no help because there is little chance that you would want to spend the $$$ it would cost to make the factory navi work in your car.

So the answer to your question is: No.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thanks for answering the question about the head unit at least, I mainly bought it for the bezel anyway so I could swap to an aftermarket head unit without as much issue but they wouldn't sell it separate.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Si radio came with an external amp. From what I've seen on youtube, you'll have some of the connections, but I don't think you'll have the connection for the amp/speakers, so you won't be getting much volume if any. So you'll either have to get an aftermarket radio and splice your current speakers to the harness OR get aftermarket amp and speakers, splice them into RCA cables and use this harness to connect to the factory radio:

Harness

·
Registered
5 Posts
@JDM4U, just reviving this thread as I am in the same situation. From your second example "get aftermarket amp and speakers, splice them into RCA cables and use this harness to connect to the factory radio" why can't we just use factory speakers? I was hoping to tap into the head unit's outputs into an aftermarket amp and then connect the output of the amp to the factory speakers. Right now the LX harness connects the head unit directly to speakers... I would just have to put the amp "in between them" so to speak, no?

·
Registered
230 Posts
@JDM4U, just reviving this thread as I am in the same situation. From your second example "get aftermarket amp and speakers, splice them into RCA cables and use this harness to connect to the factory radio" why can't we just use factory speakers? I was hoping to tap into the head unit's outputs into an aftermarket amp and then connect the output of the amp to the factory speakers. Right now the LX harness connects the head unit directly to speakers... I would just have to put the amp "in between them" so to speak, no?
Yeah you could do that too. Not sure how much the factory speakers can handle but if you do that and later on upgrade them, they're should be adapters to use the stock connection for aftermarket speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts