9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a question about fog light overlays I just bought some for my 2015 Si Coupe and I don't want to mess up and not even sure it's worth I keep hearing that people have them melt.. are there any videos on installation and if they do melt how do you get them off? Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
They're literally like a sticker. If you passed kindergarten (second grade in Kentucky) then you can install the overlays. It usually consists of wetting the lamp, applying the overlay, and squeegeeing the excess water out. If they melt depends on the wattage of lights. The higher the wattage the more likely the film will melt from the heat. If they do melt you can just scrape them off and get new overlays. See supporting vender Blue Batmobile for supplies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought some yellow window tint film from my local supplier. I got the shape close with about an 1" of leeway in every direction. Popped the plastic bezel covers off to the side, sprayed the lamps with soapy water and cleaned them well. Next step is to have a heat gun or hair dryer on hand. After cleaning the lamps, re-spray the lamps with soapy water, apply the film and slowly squeegee the water out from the center outwards, don't rush it. After you are close, use the heat gun to get all the lose ends adhered onto the lamp.

Easy enough amigo!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a set of yellow overlays on my sedan, i also have yellow LEDs that dont burn hot to prevent them from burning the overlays.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had yellow overlays on my '12 SI for a year. They melted. One had a crispy black spot in the center of the lens.

I replaced both fog lights with the new led versions....no more overlays for me.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I personally like how the overlays look, but melting can occur. Yellow leds with an overlay would probably be the best way to do it. Looks yellow when parked, super yellow when lit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts