9th Gen Civic Forum banner

instrument panel architecture

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 ·
I was driving home yesterday with the sun at my back and noticed the actual architecture of the 9th gen Civic's instrument panel. It looks flat under any light but direct light, but it's not.

Just thought I put it out here if anyone hasn't seen it in this light, if you'll pardon the pun.

See less See more
#10 ·
No, this is not something you'd want to take apart yourself honestly. It it a part that is sealed, and the blueness comes from more than just bulbs. If you look, the parts that light up are also blue. There would be just too much complication involved IMO. Impossible? No. Impractical? Probably.

#6 ·
Wow. You have me wanting to check mine out under direct light. My car is never really that bright on the inside because of the tint though.

Reactions: Digger
#7 ·
I noticed that this summer! Pretty cool. I'm more interested on how you found sun on LI yesterday!

#12 · (Edited)
I've seen this a few times but took the picture the other day because it was especially apparent on the way home from Brooklyn with the sun at my back. Traffic on Sunrise Hwy and Merrick Rd has been atrocious because of the closing of various parts of the east/west Rockaway/Long Beach/Ocean Pkwy route(s) due to the Hurricane. I was sitting in a long line of stopped traffic, pulled out my camphone and snapped a shot.

The 8th gen panel is nothing like this. There was never any depth to what's behind the gauges no matter how the light hit it. And I never liked the blue surround in the speedo.

I believe that if anything goes wrong with any of those gauges, they just pull out the entire panel and replace.

#15 ·
Yeah, I was kind of fascinated for a while by the changing color bars. I ignore them now, for the most part, but occasionally catch myself watching them change with a wonder-of-wonders/ooo, looky-dat! face on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.