9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am looking at getting a K-Tuned SRI, the one that goes behind the headlight, NOT the one that goes under the brake fluid reservoir. I know this intake comes with a battery relocation tray, which puts the battery in front of the transmission, but I was also looking and I see that acuity makes a relocation tray that sits closer to the brake fluid reservoir. I am aware that with the K-Tuned intake you need to get an aftermarket clutch line/kit. I am wondering, if I got the acuity relocation kit, would that make it so I did not have to get an aftermarket clutch line/kit for the intake? Is the reason for the aftermarket clutch line/kit because of the spot that the K-Tuned intake relocates the battery to? It would be nice to avoid having to mess with the clutch line by just using the acuity relocation kit!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes, the clutch line has a mounting point and connection where the battery gets relocated to. While it's possible to just relocate the OEM one out of the way, I think they anticipate correctly that some without proper mechanical aptitude might cause the connection to leak. Hence they include the line.

Also keep in mind that, if you plan on adding forced induction down the road, certain kits may not work with the battery in a particular spot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the clutch line has a mounting point and connection where the battery gets relocated to. While it's possible to just relocate the OEM one out of the way, I think they anticipate correctly that some without proper mechanical aptitude might cause the connection to leak. Hence they include the line.

Also keep in mind that, if you plan on adding forced induction down the road, certain kits may not work with the battery in a particular spot.
Thank you for the explanation. I’m assuming the acuity battery relocation kit would then end up avoiding that clutch line mounting point, therefor I would not have to mess with the clutch line if I went with that kit, is that correct?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thank you for the explanation. I’m assuming the acuity battery relocation kit would then end up avoiding that clutch line mounting point, therefor I would not have to mess with the clutch line if I went with that kit, is that correct?
Correct. Acuity has a really good video installing their intake and, more importantly for you, the battery relocation.

Video link

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
1,035 Posts
Correct. Acuity has a really good video installing their intake and, more importantly for you, the battery relocation.

Video link
Man, I would love to had that video when I put the intake in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts