9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some information as to whether an intake manifold adapter like that listed below is required for installing a MercRacing supercharger kit on the K24Z7? I have been doing some research to find all the additional pieces needed to install a MercRacing kit on my 15 Si sedan and wanted to make sure I understood the purpose of that piece. Does it simply bypass the coolant flow through the intake manifold? Also, if that is the case would that interfere with the fitment of a thermal IM gasket like the one from Hondata? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Yes. It’s required. You’ll want an RBC gasket style gasket. MercRacing carries it on his website - I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One other quick question I did have is are you running an IAT sensor in your manifold? Was trying to find the sensor from T1 racing that Johny Tank mentioned in his install video and wanted to be certain I found the right one wasn't sure if there were other good options. Also was this the thermal gasket you were referring to? Was the only one I saw on the MercRacing site.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
One other quick question I did have is are you running an IAT sensor in your manifold? Was trying to find the sensor from T1 racing that Johny Tank mentioned in his install video and wanted to be certain I found the right one wasn't sure if there were other good options. Also was this the thermal gasket you were referring to? Was the only one I saw on the MercRacing site.

I am running this sensor:

and yes, thats the gasket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can use the bypass from ktuned or tractuff also makes 1 which is what I've used on my own cte setup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts