9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my intake resonator 2 days ago, my r18 now sounds tight! When i hit the gas around 3k, there's a throaty sound, i like it ! :eusa_dance:

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
yay for more sound?

·
Registered
205 Posts
000_0292.jpg Here's mine

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just remove all the piping from behind the battery all the way into the driver's side fender. If you turn your front tires all the way left you can remove just the forward section of the driver's side splash guard and access the tubing. The final section re enters the engine bay and goes upward between the inside fender and the battery, topped by a triangular black plastic piece. A good CAI would really have to go from the throttle body to down low somewhere into cooler air with a K&N type cone filter mounted on the end. My homemade one in the pic above (until a real one comes out) draws air from just above the radiator; at speed that's high pressure air too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
On the 2012 si, do you have to cut it or you can just remove that part by remove bolts?
just remove 2 bolts on the main resonator 1 bolt of the fender breather and various clips !

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
doing this.....is a hp increase possible or is it just sound only?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It's really easy to do the resonator delete. It increases throttle response due to less air restrictions. It may feel like hp gain but there isn't really any.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
It's really easy to do the resonator delete. It increases throttle response due to less air restrictions. It may feel like hp gain but there isn't really any.
cool beans... wwasnt for sure:cucumber[1]:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I removed the resonator from the intake tubing, it sounds deeper and also better throttle response. I think I might remove the rest of the tubing tomorrow but leave only the tube that goes down from the airbox.

FB2 squad #10

·
Registered
138 Posts
How to remove intake resonator

Hey guys do anyone know how to remove the intake resonator step by step please pix would also be greatly appreciated.. Thanx in advance!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have a DIY but I still cant post it because I've already exceeded picture upload amount a long time ago to upload. Best I can do is reference a pic from another site for you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
DSCF2781.jpg DSCF2782.jpg DSCF2783.jpg
take off drivers side wheel and pull back the wheel well liner to get at it. Then there are 3 or 4 10mm bolts. 2 or 3 of them you will have to get from the wheel well and 2 side by side just under the battery. I took out all the pipeing right up to to stock air box and just put a cone filter on it. I will go and get a pic of it now.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
View attachment 7055 View attachment 7056 View attachment 7057
take off drivers side wheel and pull back the wheel well liner to get at it. Then there are 3 or 4 10mm bolts. 2 or 3 of them you will have to get from the wheel well and the other 1 is just under the battery. I took out all the pipeing right up to to stock air box and just put a cone filter on it. I will go and get a pic of it now.
Not the same engine and setup... he has a LX

1 - 20 of 122 Posts