9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
i dont know about how to remove but i do know tht it will effect your warranty. if some happens to your car like the engine comes on and they find out that you resonator is missing, even if it has nothing to do with the light being on they will not fix.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It won't affect your warranty but you may find that your dealer says it will. There are no moving parts on the resonater so your check engine light won't come on.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AutoGuide.com App

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
i dont know about how to remove but i do know tht it will effect your warranty. if some happens to your car like the engine comes on and they find out that you resonator is missing, even if it has nothing to do with the light being on they will not fix.
That's not what the law says :police:

·
Registered
50 Posts
thanks for the advice guys!
very much appreciated!

i dont thinik ill go with it then, my father probably won't do anything that'll effect the warranty :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
Removing the resonator will not affect the warranty and it will most certainly not throw a cel...give me a break! Its only there to keep noise down.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the LX (r18) I have found that one of the best ways to do it is to leave the first piece of piping on the box (the one that goes downward), and justget a flex tube or something to go down to the grille. I mean, there is automatically less restriction without the resonator, a few extra feet of hose wont hold anything back. Also prevents too much noise....

That sounds wierd, ik, but i originally took ALL of the piping off and just left the box with an opening on it, but the sound was so loud, yet muffled, it was awefull. But the farther the tube is away from your motor, the cooler the air, and as long as its an open tube, the sound will be perfect :)

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
i kinda wanna do this.. if someone can help PM me thanks

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Looks like a simple modification, it will make a little bit more noise when you step on the throttle, and possibly could yield a little bit better performance? I might try this along with a k&n at least until I decide to buy myself an intake... You can get at it from the wheel well I read if you remove the liner. One bolt holding the resonator in place

Here is a vid of a guy that did it. He has an R18 as well I believe.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Looks like a simple modification, it will make a little bit more noise when you step on the throttle, and possibly could yield a little bit better performance? I might try this along with a k&n at least until I decide to buy myself an intake... You can get at it from the wheel well I read if you remove the liner. One bolt holding the resonator in place

Here is a vid of a guy that did it. He has an R18 as well I believe.

That's an Si bro

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
That's an Si bro

FB2 squad #17
Oh yaayyyy, I looked at a vid for what a running time of 1 min, I am trying to give this guy some help, and a ll you can say is,"that's an Si bro"? LOl come on man.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Well I pulled off my resonator this morning and it took me about 15 mins. Jacked up the Si and unbolted two 10 mm bolts and separated the plastic pieces... You might or might not need to have someone pull up on the upper half, I did because my arm barely fit and I didn't want to break anything, but you won't and the piece comes right out of there as well....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Oh yaayyyy, I looked at a vid for what a running time of 1 min, I am trying to give this guy some help, and a ll you can say is,"that's an Si bro"? LOl come on man.

The op has a EX civic different setup
You have an SI, the video yu posted was of an Si. The non Si models are different from Si models bro

FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
545 Posts
so you can just pull it right out also its located inside the pipe between the exhuast and cat
Well I pulled off my resonator this morning and it took me about 15 mins. Jacked up the Si and unbolted two 10 mm bolts and separated the plastic pieces... You might or might not need to have someone pull up on the upper half, I did because my arm barely fit and I didn't want to break anything, but you won't and the piece comes right out of there as well....

41 - 60 of 122 Posts