9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome!!! Gratz on the new car. I like kplayground for the badges, and pro-civic for all other things!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Welcome! Buy the emblems from corsport! They're pricey but it's the real deal and fits perfect! Kplayground sells replicas, and the rear emblem from procivic is a little smaller than the stock ones. The Greddy intake and the takata afe intake are the same so you can look around for those. Cheapest I saw for the takata was 270

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Where can I get Takeda intake for $270?

Welcome! Buy the emblems from corsport! They're pricey but it's the real deal and fits perfect! Kplayground sells replicas, and the rear emblem from procivic is a little smaller than the stock ones. The Greddy intake and the takata afe intake are the same so you can look around for those. Cheapest I saw for the takata was 270

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm waiting for my '13 ASM Si Sedan to arrive.. crossing my finger's that I don't have the window noise like that other owner reported. When I test drove a TW Coupe while waiting, I do recall it also had some air noise by the window. So does the Blue Accord Coupe loaner I'm in.. sigh

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
After discussing with other owners and talking to an engineer from American Honda, it seems to me that this 'wind noise' issue from the driver's side door is mostly, if not exclusively, relegated to the two door models, as no sedan- 2012 or 2013 - have exhibited this noise.

I am considering trading up to a 2013 Si as I've secured some solid pricing based on my history, but am still really unsure if I want to go coupe again or get a Dyno Blue Si sedan. They don't have them at the dealership, and outside of test driving them, I'm worried the coupe will again have the noise even though I do prefer the look of the two door.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
After discussing with other owners and talking to an engineer from American Honda, it seems to me that this 'wind noise' issue from the driver's side door is mostly, if not exclusively, relegated to the two door models, as no sedan- 2012 or 2013 - have exhibited this noise.

I am considering trading up to a 2013 Si as I've secured some solid pricing based on my history, but am still really unsure if I want to go coupe again or get a Dyno Blue Si sedan. They don't have them at the dealership, and outside of test driving them, I'm worried the coupe will again have the noise even though I do prefer the look of the two door.
If you hardly ever use the back seats then 2 door is fine but if you use the back seats from time to time stick with the practical 4 door.
Personally I think the 4 door looks better.
The 2013 coupe looks the same as the 2012 sans the rims. 2013 sedan looks like a totally different car then the 2012. And of course as you know the 2013 versus the 2012 interior thats been discussed to death here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have the '13 SI Sedan. Love the car. Can't speak of the 12 vs 13, but handed my '07 LX down to my son. The '07 is a great car but cannot compare to the overall quality and refinement of the '13. Feels like a more solid car on the road. I may not be driving it hard enough because I average around 28 mpg. And yes, I occasionaly red line the little beast. To me, the best bang for the buck on the road.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I ended up going to the 2013 Si sedan after much deliberation on body style (coupe vs sedan). I am VERY happy that I did. While I love how the coupe looks, after doing a thoroughly look over of the Si sedan for 2013, it was a no brainer.

The sedan won out. I dare say it almost makes the coupe look rather plain and conservative (which isn't a bad thing by any means!). But I'm definitely VERY happy with the car. The pictures below are crappy because my iPhone camera is scratched to hell, but its something!

Civic Si 1.jpg Civic Si 2.jpg Civic Si 3.jpg Civic Si 4.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 2012 LX sedan. It was totaled when a car hit us head on while we we on a trip home from Florida. The little car did a good job protecting me and my wife.

I really liked the car, but there were a few things that I did not like. I found the seats to be uncomfortable. Even the driver's seat. There was no lumbar support. It felt like I was sitting in a hole. The bottom of the seat seemed to be perfectly horizontal. It would have been more comfortable if it could be adjusted to tilt the bottom of the seat to lift the front up.

I would like to consider a 2013 SI sedan. Have they changed the front seats at all? It would be good to have a six way adjustable seat adjustable lumbar support.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I hear you on the 2012 LX seats - they were rough. They are much better on the 2013 models.

I had a 2012 Si coupe and I just recently upgraded to a 2013 Si sedan. The seats are the same. And, at least for me, my lower back starts hurting on road trips. They're firmer than the regular seats, that's for sure.

But as far as Lx to Lx goes, the 2013 seats are vastly superior.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I ended up going to the 2013 Si sedan after much deliberation on body style (coupe vs sedan). I am VERY happy that I did. While I love how the coupe looks, after doing a thoroughly look over of the Si sedan for 2013, it was a no brainer.

The sedan won out. I dare say it almost makes the coupe look rather plain and conservative (which isn't a bad thing by any means!). But I'm definitely VERY happy with the car. The pictures below are crappy because my iPhone camera is scratched to hell, but its something!

View attachment 39978 View attachment 39986 View attachment 39994 View attachment 40002
Looking good MNO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just traded my 07 SI and bought a 13. They actually had a new 2012 Si Coupe and let me have it
overnight. The price was great only 100 miles at 18,000 dollars. I came back and passed, the financing was at 5 percent and I heard the 13 s offered 1 .9. So I took a 13 overnight, salesman is a neighbor, it was quieter with less wind noise. Also the fit and finish inside was nicer. My girlfriend has your Lexus I can't get used to one speed transmission and it is low to the ground. But the 13 SI is quieter than my 07 and 12 model. But it is an SI and you will know it for what it is as you will the Lexus. The 13's are improved with wind and outside noise, that is a fact.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I just traded my 07 SI and bought a 13. They actually had a new 2012 Si Coupe and let me have it
overnight. The price was great only 100 miles at 18,000 dollars. I came back and passed, the financing was at 5 percent and I heard the 13 s offered 1 .9. So I took a 13 overnight, salesman is a neighbor, it was quieter with less wind noise. Also the fit and finish inside was nicer. My girlfriend has your Lexus I can't get used to one speed transmission and it is low to the ground. But the 13 SI is quieter than my 07 and 12 model. But it is an SI and you will know it for what it is as you will the Lexus. The 13's are improved with wind and outside noise, that is a fact.
Good choice and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I just recently got a RR 2013 SI sedan and I absolutely love it...it just feels premium...been snowing too much here to really enjoy it just yet but I can't complain about the car.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts