9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm curious if anyone on here is also investing in cryptocurrencies?

I personally day-trade cryptos with some nice success. I'm mostly invested in Stellar XLM if anyone is curious.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way too volatile for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, this is what I like to call 'opportunity'.

But it is definitely a little scary.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
No. I'll take my chances with dollar bills backed by the strongest government in the world. Messed up government, as it's always been, but nevertheless, the strongest. I don't know who is "behind" cryptocurrency other than unknown people sitting at a computer someplace with no accountability for anything. They're probably hackers with "circus carnival barker" on their resumes too. Nobody is involved in cryptocurrency to help anyone else or for "the greater good", or for order in society, etc. FWIW.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. I'll take my chances with dollar bills backed by the strongest government in the world. Messed up government, as it's always been, but nevertheless, the strongest. I don't know who is "behind" cryptocurrency other than unknown people sitting at a computer someplace with no accountability for anything. They're probably hackers with "circus carnival barker" on their resumes too. Nobody is involved in cryptocurrency to help anyone else or for "the greater good", or for order in society, etc. FWIW.
Time will tell. I see your concerns, but raise you some research in what blockchain tech is, how it can help, and what some of these companies that made the cryptocurrencies are already doing with it. Like it or not, crypto is the future, I don't see any way around it. But again, this is a conclusion I've made after months and months of research on a regular basis. I don't think the crypto markets will be nearly this volatile after 3-5 years at most. The opportunities are much greater at this time.

·
Registered
313 Posts
shud of put 1000 bux in it a year or 2 ago
ive been doing well on canadian marijane stock
they are flying cause of leagalization in the summer

they are all up over 100%

weed,acb,emh,fire,hvst,leaf caching

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Time will tell. I see your concerns, but raise you some research in what blockchain tech is, how it can help, and what some of these companies that made the cryptocurrencies are already doing with it. Like it or not, crypto is the future, I don't see any way around it. But again, this is a conclusion I've made after months and months of research on a regular basis. I don't think the crypto markets will be nearly this volatile after 3-5 years at most. The opportunities are much greater at this time.
No, it isn't going away. People have been bartering since there have been people. It hasn't gone away. People use cash to avoid income taxes. That isn't going away either, in fact, the incentive only grows stronger. WE are government. We have a high tolerance for corruption, incompetence, and bad people. I wish that tolerance would go away. It has something to do with why this country is here....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts