9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new on the forums hopefully im using it right but on my 9th gen si sedan I already have a invida N1 catback thinking about going with a skunk 2 alpha headers if anybody can point me to the right thread on here on discussion about the sound and drone that would be great thank u

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey guys im new on the forums hopefully im using it right but on my 9th gen si sedan I already have a invida N1 catback thinking about going with a skunk 2 alpha headers if anybody can point me to the right thread on here on discussion about the sound and drone that would be great thank u
Sound=loud

Drone=ridiculous

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
156 Posts
You'll need a Hondata or KTuner and a tune if you're replacing the header. Your car will have a check engine light and will not run right if you don't.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Sound=loud

Drone=ridiculous
Accurate. Catless DP paired with a N1 catback? (I now realize that it's odd to call it a catback exhaust if you have no cats. 🤷‍♂️ ) You'll basically be listening the exhaust manifold with minimal sound restriction between the head and the muffler.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Accurate. Catless DP paired with a N1 catback? (I now realize that it's odd to call it a catback exhaust if you have no cats. 🤷‍♂️ ) You'll basically be listening the exhaust manifold with minimal sound restriction between the head and the muffler.
When i was searching for an exhaust setup i searched thread after thread about combinations, brands and then watched and listened to video after video on YouTube and people always complained the most about the skunk2 rr exhaust and the invidia n1 exhaust for the amount of drone it made even with the stock downpipe. Would sounds good but for daily driving it was just too much

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
I have the the Full Race Catted DP and the Skunk2 RR. I use the included baffle, and it's really not that bad. Much more pronounced without the silencer, but not terrible without it either.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have the the Full Race Catted DP and the Skunk2 RR. I use the included baffle, and it's really not that bad. Much more pronounced without the silencer, but not terrible without it either.
Wonder how much of that is the catted DP. Modrid had the S2 catless and the RR and I could hear him from like a mile away.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Wonder how much of that is the catted DP. Modrid had the S2 catless and the RR and I could hear him from like a mile away.
I rode in a FB6 that had skunk2 catless downpipe and invidia n1 exhaust and i thought i was going to go deaf lol
That's a good question. The guy I got it from is running a S2 catless and he said it was loud as shit too. But he wasn't running the silencer. I ran it without the silencer for a couple months last year. It was definitely MUCH louder without it. I've since moved quite close to the cop shop, so the silencer is basically permanently installed now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts