9th Gen Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1138 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK anyone who been harassed by the the rattle that come back after you think its gone. Finally the cure if the stronger mounts do not fix it. Solution is to cut the middle hanger by the muffler weld it on the opposite side problem fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
have the middle hanger cut and welded to the opposite side it's the middle hanger rattling against the top of muffler. It annoyed the hell out of me people act like I was crazy and hearing things cause it comes and goes but finally after today I drive in peace.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well for a day but the rattle came back had to cut the middle hanger to the exhaust weld it on the other side problem solved. It's the only fix if nothing else works.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm actually going to be getting under mine sometime, I'm getting the death rattle and not one bit happy about it. What I have noticed is that its really just the Sedan systems that are doing this. As a retailer, I'm not happy that a customer spends $500 ish on an exhaust that rattles. We will get to the bottom of it and a remedy for the Invidia Q300 users real soon.

Rick

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm actually going to be getting under mine sometime, I'm getting the death rattle and not one bit happy about it. What I have noticed is that its really just the Sedan systems that are doing this. As a retailer, I'm not happy that a customer spends $500 ish on an exhaust that rattles. We will get to the bottom of it and a remedy for the Invidia Q300 users real soon.

Rick
Unfortunately it's the coupe systems too mine is awful, boomba racing mounts helped little bit, someone posted that the skunk 2 dp should help, I have the s2 dp and it will most likely make it worse, because of the flex section the exhaust will move around a bit more, finally someone posted about gains, maybe 5-10 hp after tuning, but I doubt it's thay much, I only bought it because the stock exhaust sounds like shit with a 3 inch catless dp

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
I posted that but the rattle was gone for a day with dp install. When the mounts heat up or if it's raining the rattle get's worse especially with ac on. The exhaust mount in the middle is touching the top of the muffler. You can bend it but it will come back. Cut off the middle hanger put on the other side is the only fix. I understand Q300 cause a lot of bs but the end result is worth it. The muffler hang high doesn't look stupid like those guys dragging a big muffler two inches from the ground. Sound really deep which I like it's worth it in the end.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Can you elaborate a little more and is this for the N1 as well as the Q300? When you say the middle hanger, you mean the middle section of the exhaust? Move to the other side as in flip it over and weld to the bottom? I don't have it yet but will be getting the N1 soon and want to take care of the issue before it's an issue if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Invidia q300???

I'm thinking about getting an invidia q300 for my '12 si coupe. The only mod I have so far is a k&n sri. Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust? I have a good idea of what it sounds like but I'm wondering how it performs. How are the hp gains?

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an invidia q300 for my '12 si coupe. The only mod I have so far is a k&n sri. Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust? I have a good idea of what it sounds like but I'm wondering how it performs. How are the hp gains?
MrK24 has the Q300, but he also has intake and DP along with it. I think he posted earlier in this thread if you wanna find him and PM. I know he originally got the Q300 before adding the other mods so I'm sure he can comment on that alone.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing and hearing how the N1 sounds. I think you are local to me, could meet up to check it out.
Duane and Andrez- I got the N1 sitting in my office awaiting install. I can't wait to get this on! It's like a bag of $$$ burning a hole in my pocket lol. I should have it on Saturday...no other major mods yet so yea, very excited! ! !

·
Registered
572 Posts
No one has dunno tested the q300 and posted on here but from having it for a while before getting a dp id say if it does net you any power it's not noticeable. Maybe like 4 or 5 horses on its on. It really shines when paired with a dp as I learned recently.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Duane and Andrez- I got the N1 sitting in my office awaiting install. I can't wait to get this on! It's like a bag of $$$ burning a hole in my pocket lol. I should have it on Saturday...no other major mods yet so yea, very excited! ! !
Can you post good video? Everything I've heard sounds so ricey sounding... Would like to stray away from that if at all possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
2nd video sounds like a lawnmower. 1st one I've already seen on YouTube many times.. Tough to choose when 99% of the time it's always taken by a cell phone... With crap quality.

201 - 220 of 1138 Posts