9th Gen Civic Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1140 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Damn. I was so set to buy this exhaust and now I don't know if I still want it... Is the scraping that bad??? lol
It scrapes on the midpipe around the junction where it connects the axle back. Since the connection point is bigger in diameter it's more prone to getting scratches. So it's not that big of a deal. Scratches are not that bad on H&R's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
204 Posts
To the crossbar near the cat/exhaust connections. Not sure how important that bar is? Simple remove it?

Search a few pages back. I read it somewhere along this thread.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
holy crap the invidia n1 is loud! does it get lower after it breaks in or is does it pretty much stay the same? gotta try it with the silencer.
It's a N1 type/style, it's going to be loud. The silencer does lower the sound though but still loud than a non N1 exhaust.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know everyone says the Q300 isnt much louder than stock, but I must be getting old. There is a definite loudness to it when you let off the gas and a noticeable drone on the freeway. Is there a silencer for this exhaust or an easy way to tone down the drone? I dont want to have to put my stock exhaust back on, but its looking that way.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
SI only.^^

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the N1 installed on my 2014 si sedan. When I ordered it I was expecting to cut the crossbar between the hangers because I've read that was causing some rattling issues. When I received the exhaust I checked the crossbar and it looked like its lower than the pictures that people were posting so I decided to just leave it. I had it on for a little bit under a month and still no rattling at all. Maybe Invidia resolved the issue by putting the bar lower. Just wanted to let you guys know in case you're interested in buying this exhaust and are worried about the rattling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2015 Civic Si Coupe in TW a couple weeks ago. Already looking for exhaust options...

The Invidia Q300 seems like a popular options on these cars. My biggest concern is cabin drone at highway speeds. My 2012 Civic Si with a Injen Axle back droned bad at highway speeds and I'm really trying to avoid an exhaust that does that again.

How does this exhaust compare when it comes cabin drone/noise compared to stock?

Also, are there still fitment/clearance issues with this cat back on the coupes? Anyone have one installed on a 2015 already?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the assistance.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2015 Civic Si Coupe in TW a couple weeks ago. Already looking for exhaust options...

The Invidia Q300 seems like a popular options on these cars. My biggest concern is cabin drone at highway speeds. My 2012 Civic Si with a Injen Axle back droned bad at highway speeds and I'm really trying to avoid an exhaust that does that again.

How does this exhaust compare when it comes cabin drone/noise compared to stock?

Also, are there still fitment/clearance issues with this cat back on the coupes? Anyone have one installed on a 2015 already?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the assistance.
I also had the Injen axleback before I went with the Q300. The Q300 sounds stock when cruising city or highway it's a little throatier than stock once you get on it but not crazy loud. The Injen drones all the time and got loud before you even get on it.

981 - 1000 of 1140 Posts