9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1138 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just went ahead and bought the Invidia q300 over the full-race saved myself $150...with all the reviews it seems that q300 is a great buy even though I had my heart set on full-race I really hope I didn't make the wrong choice

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I installed the q300 and wow it's silent . If I didn't know I put it on you would never know its aftermarket. There is no drone or anything that I've heard others say, it's as quiet as a mouse. I also had a cheap tsudo on my 2012 and that was dumb loud and my brain might have rattled an little in a bad way lol. But anyway it's a great exhaust cops won't break my stones and overall even without a tune there is a definite performance increase. so I give it a thumbs up!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey guys I have an Invidia N1 70mm and i scrape a lot, especially on speed bumps because it hangs low. Has anyone attempted to get their exhaust adjusted to fix this issue? I'm not really sure what can be done but it's pretty annoying to have to worry about.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Has anybody tested how much horsepower they gained with the n1?

Although it may sound like you gained 15HP lol in actuality you might of gained a few HP and probably nothing noticeable in day to day driving.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Hey guys I have an Invidia N1 70mm and i scrape a lot, especially on speed bumps because it hangs low. Has anyone attempted to get their exhaust adjusted to fix this issue? I'm not really sure what can be done but it's pretty annoying to have to worry about.

Avoid speed bumps and/ or raise it up a little. What are you lowered on?

I have the Invidia N1, H&R with Truhart shocks and struts. Sad to say, my mom's place has lots of big speed bumps that I scrape on and I have to avoid it in the Si smh.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I try angling over speed bumps whenever I can but that gets annoying after awhile and I still scrape from time to time. The Q300 has shortcomings for sure but I still like the exhaust alot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Avoid speed bumps and/ or raise it up a little. What are you lowered on?

I have the Invidia N1, H&R with Truhart shocks and struts. Sad to say, my mom's place has lots of big speed bumps that I scrape on and I have to avoid it in the Si smh.
I'm on BC coils and I'm pretty low. Scraping over speed bumps is for sure but it's not the only time. I found out that midpipe for N1 and Q300 are the same. So that would not solve my problem. I am actually still looking for a quieter exhaust though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi guys! i just installed a new invidia N1 3" on my civic si coupe 2015.
i love the sound of the it!!! but the drone and vibration inside my car is insane at the low rpm 1.5 to 4k rpm.
my girlfriends hates it and get annoyed by it.
is there a way to remove, it not just minimize the drone and vibration inside my car?
any suggestion, any help, any advice would be much appreciated.
i dont mind spending $$$ to improve and minimize/remove the drone insde the car.
i love my exhaust so i dont want to change it to a different exhaust.
please help and thank you for any advice and tips guy!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol but seriously is there any way to atlist minimize the drone. all my research are pointing on a resonator to cancel out the frequency of the drone. but thats going to be welded in my exhaust which im not a big fun of it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
very interested in getting the Q300 for my 2012 Si. I know a tune is always recommended with modifications, but does a cat-back system NEED a tune?

·
Registered
234 Posts
No it does not, it's just for sound. Down pipe is what you need a tune for, that's where the HP comes from not a cat back.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I've been looking around and the best price I see for the Q300 is $524. My car is basically stock, but I do like a little bit of sound during spirited driving. Right now, I have a K&N Typhoon and it's been great for 6 months. I didn't experience any heat soak last summer, but it was only installed in August, so I only ran it for a month in hot weather. I'm thinking about putting my stock intake back on (with my HPS tube and AFE filter) and installing a Q300. I'll lose the nice intake sound, but I'm guessing I'll add a decent sound with the new exhaust. Anyone currently using the Q300 will everything else stock (stock intake, stock down pipe, etc)?

1001 - 1020 of 1138 Posts