9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1140 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I've been looking around and the best price I see for the Q300 is $524. My car is basically stock, but I do like a little bit of sound during spirited driving. Right now, I have a K&N Typhoon and it's been great for 6 months. I didn't experience any heat soak last summer, but it was only installed in August, so I only ran it for a month in hot weather. I'm thinking about putting my stock intake back on (with my HPS tube and AFE filter) and installing a Q300. I'll lose the nice intake sound, but I'm guessing I'll add a decent sound with the new exhaust. Anyone currently using the Q300 will everything else stock (stock intake, stock down pipe, etc)?
I have the Q300 with a HPS intake tube. First off you don't need a tune with the Q300, the HPS tube will give you a little bit of a whine over stock but not much. Also keep in mind the Q300 while normal driving it sounds like stock once you wind it up it rumbles louder than stock but nothing crazy loud also sounds better than stock when pushed. Best part is not much drone. It does rattle a little going over bumps so you might want to get the torque solutions mount to stop the rattling. Overall I really like the exhaust and would recommend it.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
thanks for the feedback Kev. this is my daily driver and I also have the family in my car on the weekends, so I don't want anything too loud, just more than stock. sounds like the Q300 would be a good choice. now I need to find a shop to give me an installation quote.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
lol but seriously is there any way to atlist minimize the drone. all my research are pointing on a resonator to cancel out the frequency of the drone. but thats going to be welded in my exhaust which im not a big fun of it.
You need to change the harmonics of the chassis in some way to cancel the drone. I remember when I had my G8 (the world's worst chassis for exhaust drone) there were two 10 lb weights which basically dangled off the back of the unibody somewhere back by the mufflers on either side of the car. The only purpose they served was to cancel drone. I think there was only one aftermarket exhaust you could get for that car that wouldn't kill you with drone. Needless to say, I didn't have it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
thanks for the feedback Kev. this is my daily driver and I also have the family in my car on the weekends, so I don't want anything too loud, just more than stock. sounds like the Q300 would be a good choice. now I need to find a shop to give me an installation quote.
The Q300 is the best aftermarket exhaust if you have family and daily the car, it only gets a little louder if you want it to be but other than that you really don't notice it.

I had the Injen axleback exhaust prior and it got loud when I didn't want it to not to mention the drone got annoying after awhile, my wife and kids and any non car person always complained about the exhaust. The moment I installed the Q300 I've never had a single complaint from the family lol.

Install is fairly straight forward so it shouldn't set you back much.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just installed mine and I noticed it hangs low as well. Too low for my taste.

I have the following:

Full Race Catted down pipe

Hasport rear engine mount 70A

Lowered on BC Racing extreme low with Swift springs

I'm gonna take it down tomorrow and see if I can bend some of the hanger rods.

I'll also order the Torque Solutions kit.

I'll be honest, most of this bolt on stuff for the FG4 seems to ALWAYS Require modification or additional hardware 😡. I would rather pay an extra $30 for the additional parts and know what in getting into versus spending time installing a product and after I'm done finding out I need to adjust it for it to work properly.

I am having an issue with the midpipe hitting that "cross member" though. Has anyone else experienced this?

FYI I'm using the auto guide app on my phone to browse this forum and its hard to use the search feature with words like "low" in the exhaust section. Lol

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Can any one tell me which exhaust has less drone. The full race or the q300 . I know the full race is louder but you can have louder with less drone .
The full race is louder but the Q300 has less drone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
okay great thanks for the quick and informative response. I don't want a very loud exhaust and to me the biggest problem I have with aftermarket exhausts is drone. looks like the q300 will be my choice.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
okay great thanks for the quick and informative response. I don't want a very loud exhaust and to me the biggest problem I have with aftermarket exhausts is drone. looks like the q300 will be my choice.
not choosing sides but make sure you read about the q300 being too low and scraping in the other thread.

·
Registered
122 Posts
not choosing sides but make sure you read about the q300 being too low and scraping in the other thread.
Word. Read that twice! Lol.

I had to get torque solution hangers and I'm still lower on my exhaust. I'm not happy with the fitment but I LOVE the sound

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you're trying to slam your car or even drop it 2.5-3 inches with the Q300, you'll be scraping that midpipe all day. I really hate that the fitment is off right there. It's a nice looking exhaust and sounds good but yeah... careful for the rattles and the low hanging midpipe.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
If you're trying to slam your car or even drop it 2.5-3 inches with the Q300, you'll be scraping that midpipe all day. I really hate that the fitment is off right there. It's a nice looking exhaust and sounds good but yeah... careful for the rattles and the low hanging midpipe.
It's funny over time I don't seem to notice the rattle as much its probably because I've gotten use to it but I swear I don't notice it as much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When mine rattled, it was from driving hard or hitting bumps in the road. It would be constant though. Fixed it with the Torque Solution hangers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I bought one off craigslist (before I read that there where fitment issues) for 380 and the guy included the torque solutions mounts so guess I lucked out there . I love the sound not loud at all just enough so I can hear it and not anyone else . That being said I did notice it scraped a bit more but not too much more seeing as I'm only dropped on eibach pro kit with truhart shocks/struts . Thanks for all the help .

·
Registered
122 Posts
So I bought one off craigslist (before I read that there where fitment issues) for 380 and the guy included the torque solutions mounts so guess I lucked out there . I love the sound not loud at all just enough so I can hear it and not anyone else . That being said I did notice it scraped a bit more but not too much more seeing as I'm only dropped on eibach pro kit with truhart shocks/struts . Thanks for all the help .
Good price!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes I couldn't pass it up and it was in great shape, looked brand new . If you don't mind my asking dj what kind of power did you get with your vit tune, full race catted dp and q300 . There is a full race catted dp for sale for 250 Obo on Craigslist looking to pick that up too .

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm still tuning.

On 2.2 or so.

I can feel the difference.

That's a great price. Make sure the cat is okay and not clogged.

You'll need Hasport rear motor mount and torque solution exhaust hangers to complete the exhaust set up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Okay cool thanks for that . It seems every bolt on for this car requires some other part to make it all work . Do you need the new mount because it is a 3 inch down pipe ? If I went with the rv6 catted down pipe would I still need that rear mount ?

1021 - 1040 of 1140 Posts