9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not sure about other brands. You need it for the Full Race pipe for sure.

Honestly I agree with you about every bolt on needing another to work and it's frustrating BUT the rear motor mount was a VERY nice addition and I'm happy with it. Shifting improved, motor movement was minimized and it feels great over all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive been reading thru this thread for about an hour now and i don't know if i have a definitive answer to my question, so I'm going to ask it here and see if anyone can give me one.

I just picked up the N1 from a dude in the mid-west, should have it real soon and very excited to put it up, but from reading i keep seeing a lot of love/hate relationships with it. Its going to be matched with the stock DP and cat, and an SRI. But my question is, am i going to enjoy it, or want to rip it out in 10 mins. Will there be a lot of drone or should it manageable since i don't have a race DP or anything else that makes louder. I saw most people are running the N1 with a full race DP, which i would assume would turn up the volume a bit.

And is the ratting issue going to be a guarantee? Should i order the TS mounts before installing the exhaust as a "better safe than sorry" move?

Thanks in advance

Drew

·
Registered
122 Posts
Order the mounts anyway. Shit, get the mounts and the rear motor mount.

Buy a welder while you're at it. Lol

I love my Q300 for the sound and the the way it fits. It sits lower than stock and it rattles even with my rear motor mount AND torque solution exhaust hangers.

I ordered an RSX muffler hanger cause it's looks like that will give enough clearance for the rattling.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a Question ... I didn't read the whole thread actually
would that Q300 fit directly on a SKUNK2 headers ?? by the bolts of course.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I cut the bar on mine, bent the factory hanger down slightly. Had it 3 months no issues.
Which one did you bend down? Cut what bar? Got pics???

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok, so what part of the Q300 actually causes the rattle?
I'm about to install mine and want to preemptively solve the issue. (yes, bought the stiffer hangers already)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The top end of the muffler was hitting the frame right near where the hangers connect. I wish I had a picture of it to show you clearly where it hits (at least, on mine) but its the top, tailpipe-side of the muffler. Pretty much the highest point of the muffler.

edit: Here's where it was rattling on my setup. invidia-q300-exhaust_LRG.jpg

·
Registered
433 Posts
The top end of the muffler was hitting the frame right near where the hangers connect. I wish I had a picture of it to show you clearly where it hits (at least, on mine) but its the top, tailpipe-side of the muffler. Pretty much the highest point of the muffler.

edit: Here's where it was rattling on my setup. View attachment 400562
Thanks!
So, stiffer and maybe bend that hanger back a bit is the remedy?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. Stiffer hangers and a little bend in the hangers to make sure, lol. Another thing is the Q300 never rattled for me unless I drove aggressively or had been driving for a while. The engine moving makes the exhaust shift back a little and causes rattle but the Torque Solutions hangers fixed it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What are the dyno numbers for this exhaust? I'm considering this or the Full Race catback. Only considering this is for noise reduction, but I want to know what gains it makes first.

My set up is going to be: SRI, catless DP, VitTune, 1000cc injectors, Ct-e SC 3.6 pulley.

Sorry, don't feel like searching through 200 pages on a phone.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It's been 24 hours and about 200 miles with my Q300 here are my impressions:
Pros:
Sounds stock at idle.
Great sound going though the rev range no fart can blaaaat blaaaat. *See below for the exception
Looks awesome
Engine seems to accelerate smoother
Increased MPG's
Used the polyurethane mounts on all the hangers that thing is not moving an inch . ZERO rattle. Not even a chance.

Cons:
I lost a lot of low end torque. A lot of it. I now have to rev the crap out of my car dropping a gear to squirt between traffic.
It gets loudest at all the wrong times. 3K rpm in 6th gear on a slight incline (like going up a bridge on the highway) is boomy as f**k. Not as loud as my old Injen but still too loud for my taste.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
It's been 24 hours and about 200 miles with my Q300 here are my impressions:
Pros:
Sounds stock at idle.
Great sound going though the rev range no fart can blaaaat blaaaat. *See below for the exception
Looks awesome
Engine seems to accelerate smoother
Increased MPG's
Used the polyurethane mounts on all the hangers that thing is not moving an inch . ZERO rattle. Not even a chance.

Cons:
I lost a lot of low end torque. A lot of it. I now have to rev the crap out of my car dropping a gear to squirt between traffic.
It gets loudest at all the wrong times. 3K rpm in 6th gear on a slight incline (like going up a bridge on the highway) is boomy as f**k. Not as loud as my old Injen but still too loud for my taste.
Anything quieter than the Q300 than best to stay stock.

·
Registered
433 Posts
^^ That's what I'm thinking. I wish there was a system which was 1/2 way between the Q300 and Stock. To me, that would be perfect!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, I guess the q300 is out then. Guess I'll just stay with my original choice of the Full Race since it's what Vit seems to recommend. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well, I guess the q300 is out then. Guess I'll just stay with my original choice of the Full Race since it's what Vit seems to recommend. Thanks for the input guys.
Just out of curiosity, what made you decide on Full Race? What was Vit's "recommendation"

1041 - 1060 of 1140 Posts