9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the N1 cat back on my Si 2014 and I was wondering does it pass smog. And what header do I use for it that would still pass smog testing. I don't wanna remove it every year just to pass. Also how does a catback work with smog emissions. Sorry for so many questions. First time car owner trying to learn my car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got the N1 cat back on my Si 2014 and I was wondering does it pass smog. And what header do I use for it that would still pass smog testing. I don't wanna remove it every year just to pass. Also how does a catback work with smog emissions. Sorry for so many questions. First time car owner trying to learn my car.
So it really depends on the state you are in. A catback won't affect emissions as far as I know. Only noise laws. The header (it's just a downpipe on our car) would at a minimum need to have a high flow cat to pass smog I believe. I think the MagnaFlow cat is 49 state compliant. Put that on your downpipe (get a muffler shop) and you should be fine. . Just check to see if it's compliant with your state laws.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So the magnaflow cat connects to the headers (if I got skunk2) and then my N1 connects into the other end of the magnaflow?or is magnaflow a header on it's own. I had the whole stock pipes removed and the system put on was why I was asking about emissions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, im new here but i have a question. Has anyone paired an invidia n1 exhausr with a skunk 2 alpha header? I already have the n1, just looking to get rid of my stock header.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the q300 paired with the new buddy club downpipe it is amazing. The sound will soothe the soul lol. It's not obnoxiously loud like my 2012 when I had tsudo catback with RV-6.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Invidia N1 TOO LOUD for a daily driver?

Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase the Invidia N1 Catback or the Invidia Q300.

Keep in mind I'm using this as a daily driver so I want to avoid any problems with the cops, annoying anyone outside of the car, and setting off car alarms or anything of that nature...

I was leaning towards the Q300 for a while but have done some research leading me to think it sounds too much like stock ESPECIALLY because I do not plan on doing much more towards the exhaust besides the catback. I need something that is louder, deeper, and "throatier" than stock, but is not obnoxious and can be easily used for a daily driver.

So basically... is the Q300 too similar to stock? Is the N1 too loud for a daily driver? Anyone who has any input, I would highly appreciate anything you guys have to say, thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well idk but I love my q300 and I think it's the perfect tone and isn't annoyingly loud and all that and inside the car it's comfy to hear

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
Merged, as there is much discussion within the main Invidia thread re loudness or lack thereof.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase the Invidia N1 Catback or the Invidia Q300.

Keep in mind I'm using this as a daily driver so I want to avoid any problems with the cops, annoying anyone outside of the car, and setting off car alarms or anything of that nature...

I was leaning towards the Q300 for a while but have done some research leading me to think it sounds too much like stock ESPECIALLY because I do not plan on doing much more towards the exhaust besides the catback. I need something that is louder, deeper, and "throatier" than stock, but is not obnoxious and can be easily used for a daily driver.

So basically... is the Q300 too similar to stock? Is the N1 too loud for a daily driver? Anyone who has any input, I would highly appreciate anything you guys have to say, thanks a lot guys!
The Q300 is a little louder than stock especially so when you get on it, the N1 is crazy loud as in annoying as in ricey IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You guys I'm looking for some help I love the invidia n1 and have been meticulously looking for a used one is there any other classifieds or parts sites other then Craigslist that I might have better chance with?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Has/Is anyone running specifically a Q300 or any aftermarket exhaust with a hitch installed? Can't really find anything on there about it but was wondering if it would fit. Some guys on the 8th forum got it to work but I'm wondering if anyone has any 9th experience. Have a chance to pick one up but I have a hitch on the car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Where can I buy gaskets for the q300? I have to take it off because one the hangar welds broke and now I have to get it rewelded. Can I use gaskets from the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone else just having serious issues with this exhaust hanging so low? I have my car lowered on BC coils but I'm not slammed at all I still have a little wheel gap and I'm on 19's. The reason my wel broke is from my rubbing on everything it's rediculous. I'm switching back to stock getting the q300 rewelded and selling it

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also have my car on BC coils with the Q300. The low point is the flange half way down the middle of the car. You probably hooked it on something and that's what damaged your system. Tell the shop to weld a pipe where the flange is and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dan your saying like how the full-race is designed? Interlocking pipes with a clamp instead of that obnoxious flange.
You can do that if you have access to that hardware but I'd probably just get it welded in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone with the Q300 exhaust and torque solutions mounts can tell me if the full exhaust mount kit raises the mid-pipe by any chance? I do get the muffler rattle and heard it gets rid of that, but that mid pipe is really low with a lowered car.

1061 - 1080 of 1140 Posts