9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Invisible Phantom Footprints is The Ultimate in Security Identification Technology. Exclusively designed by 3M, Invisible Phantom Footprints protects vehicles on six different areas with permanent, tamper-resistant labels. These labels are impossible to remove intact. When an attempt is made to remove one, a phantom image of the unique registered vehicle code number is left on the vehicle. This phantom image can be seen only under UV light. If your vehicle is equipped with Phantom Footprints, and is stolen and declared a total loss by your insurance company, you will be entitled to $5,000 towards the purchase of a new vehicle from Honda. Phantom Footprints provides coverage for your vehicle for a period of 5 years.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
June 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
198 Posts
interesting....any more info?

·
Registered
85 Posts
How much would something like this cost and where could you get them?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Definitely interested in more info. This is interesting

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I bought my car at the dealership and got the KARR alarm installed it came with it. I was really wasn't aware until they showed and told me about it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Any chop shop is going to identify the stickers and can remove the invisible pawprints using a magic eraser. That's 60 seconds work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is what I got with my car. It covers theft for 5 years and pays out $1,000 towards your insurance deductible and $7,500 cash if your car is reported stolen and not recovered in 30 days. The dealership said it is easy to get "up" on your car value because insurance will cover the value of the car and then you get the additional cash. Definitely a no-brainer since Civics are the number one stolen car in America. The pay-outs may vary depending on where you get your car from though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm getting Sherlock done here in Quebec that engraves the info into the parts. Insurance company discounts the $250 down to about $90 and I get a better rate on insurance.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
If some shithead steals your car, do you really want it back after they're through having fun with it?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If some shithead steals your car, do you really want it back after they're through having fun with it?
It's not that i wanted it back. Of course our Insurance will be covering everything that needs to be taken care of, I'm after the $5000 from purchase of new Honda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts