9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I'm having issues with my imid and my ipod. the iPod will connect via the USB and I am able to control the iPod through the steering wheel and I am able to change tracks, the only issue that I'm having is I am NOT able to hear any sound from the speakers has anyone come across this issue in there 2013 Civic si or any Honda?:icon_headfones::Banane08:

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Ummmmm that's odd, never had that problem. With just your radio playing can you hear it?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Ya radio and everything works fine. Just one day ipod didn't have sound.
Is the sound (volume) all the way up on your ipod before you plug it in? Can you play music from your ipod without being plugged in? Is the ipod on silent (switch down on the left side of ipod)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a ipod nano no switch on the side volume is all the way up just doesn't want to work anymore iPod does play fine without it being connected to the USB in the car. just not understanding why I can't get any sound anymore from the IMId system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah and if I plug it into the auxiliary it will play the sound fine but I don't want to play that way I want to be able to control it from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know I haven't tried that. I did try to see if there was an update but none found. I think I will try to erase everything from the iPod and see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted on my findings.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Maybe try a different cable?
do you have any other device that has a dock that you can plug the Nano in via USB?
try another ipod/iphone in the civic?
check to see if some pocket lint is on the bottom of the nano?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Maybe try a different cable?
do you have any other device that has a dock that you can plug the Nano in via USB?
try another ipod/iphone in the civic?
check to see if some pocket lint is on the bottom of the nano?
Try this as well ^^^
Very good advice from fisch as well.

So yea try these tips out and let us know how things turn out! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So checked the iPod and found it to be ok. What i did was reset the iPod and added all my music, plugged it into the cars USB and it started working again. Thanks guys for the help and idea.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So checked the iPod and found it to be ok. What i did was reset the iPod and added all my music, plugged it into the cars USB and it started working again. Thanks guys for the help and idea.
This is great to hear! Glad to be of assistance to you! Don't hesitate to ask anything! Enjoy :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts