9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
I like my steelies, but seem to be in the minority on that. :)

The center caps that bf referenced are from Honda Pilot and Element. There are two different styles.

honda_pilot_ridgeline_cap_lg.jpg pilot.jpg

The one on the left is what is on my car in the sig pic, below. They are wider and flatter than the one on the right (the pictures are not to scale).

The one on the left's bolt pattern is slightly different than the Civic's bolt pattern, but will fit because they are all plastic and will bend just the little bit it needs to. The one on the right is an exact match for the Civic's bolt pattern.

I have a set of each. The one on the left is on the car now, as I have mentioned, and are still in their factory silver finish. The set I have of the one on the right I have painted a copper color, but got tired of that. In the next few weeks I'm going to strip the paint off, and paint them black lacquer, along with the wheels again, as the factory wheel finish is anything but acceptable without a full wheel cover.

I think the all black shiny wheels and center caps, with just the chrome lug nuts might look good so I'll give it a try.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
I'll pass thanks though, Im looking to replace my steelies with 16" OEM alloy wheels but the thing is I just bought new Yokohama tires so probably in 3/4 years lol
Gotcha. Maybe the OP can make use of a set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’d love to get my hands on a set of those ones on the right I think they would match everything perfect. How would I got about searching for those ? I’ve tried searching for center caps but those never come up. Do you know what vehicle they originally came from ?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
I’d love to get my hands on a set of those ones on the right I think they would match everything perfect. How would I got about searching for those ? I’ve tried searching for center caps but those never come up. Do you know what vehicle they originally came from ?
I can't do ebay at work, but you might try 'honda pilot' or 'honda ridgeline' or 'honda element' 'wheel covers' or 'hub caps' or 'center caps.'

One of those combos should yield some results.

If you don't care about perfection, look for a used set. They are generally less expensive.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
I’m having so much trouble finding a complete set ��
Here's a source, a bit more $$ than ebay, though:

https://www.hubcapheavenonline.com/product-category/center-caps/honda-center-caps/pilot-honda-center-caps/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvtr3xo-h4gIVk4rICh0TMAhIEAEYAiAAEgLj7_D_BwE

Part of the problem in looking for stuff like this is that most people seem to not know what things are called.

People call anything that covers the wheel a hubcap, when in fact, a hubcap covers the hub. The thing that covers the entire wheel is a wheel cover. Whodathunkit?! haha

And what is the difference be a hubcap and a centercap? Well actually, there is a difference. A hubcap is generally thought to cover the hub on a steel wheel, and a centercap is what pops into the center of an alloy. They both cover the wheel's hub, but centercap is a cooler word for cooler people with cooler wheels. :rolleyes:;):smile:

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
Slightly off-topic, but I bought steel wheels for my 1992 Honda Acty because it had alloy wheels on it but the front wheels had 5mm spacers and I didn't want those. They're just factory black and nothing special. As nothing in 14" size can really be special. But whatevs. I would like some scotty-like hubcaps for them though. But they're 4-lug, not 5 like the Civic.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
Yeah, I just did a search on '1992 honda hub caps' and got full wheel covers, pop-in center caps for alloys, full wheels of different types in 4- and 5-hole patterns, but not what I was looking for.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
I like steel wheels. I've always wanted something like this but I believe it can only be done through custom work

That is actually exactly what I want, too. Smoothies, with a wider offset than stock.

I'm sure that somewhere out there are steel wheels from another car, with the Civic bolt pattern (or SAE equivalent), that will fit my car. I just have to commit to the research.

Of course, the hubs will have to match, or an adapter will be needed, too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts