9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in knowing if their was anyway possible to be able to drive my Si with foglights only?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
There is a way to do it. The 8th gen site has info on how. I'm not sure if the instructions will translate, however the electrical stuff couldn't be that different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a way to do it. The 8th gen site has info on how. I'm not sure if the instructions will translate, however the electrical stuff couldn't be that different.
Do you think that I would lose warranty if I were to actually do it?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Because I'm a gracious person, I've found the DIY Instructional topic for you all. :D

2009/2010 Independent use of Fog Lights - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Disclaimer: This will void warranty if found by Honda dealer. I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong during your installation. Please make sure you have experience and are comfortable in working with wires and a soldering iron.

In Virginia it is illegal to have excessive lightning on a vehicle. I believe if you have more than 6 lights illuminated, it’s illegal. I have created this DIY for safety inspection purposes and for those that are interested in having their fog lights on when DRL’s are on. This DIY allows you to install a Toggle switch to switch between factory setting and modified fog light setting.
IMO: A bit too complicated a task lol; Cool result, though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jason. I don't know if it's just me, but it does seem a little difficult lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem, and no it isn't just you, I completely agree haha
It has about 20 something steps. I'm gonna really think about it cause I think it adds some are and detail to the car. But seems risky due to the warranty

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
What I do when I'm trying something I've never done, I go over the steps over and over till I feel comfortable with the procedure, I make sure I have all the tools and parts to get the job done, and then I wait for a day where I'll have an abundance of time so I can troubleshoot if need-be to do the project. If you aren't comfortable with it, then maybe skip it till you are, or grab a friend who is knowledgeable to help you out.

Many mods require a lot of steps. Sometimes they're complicated, and sometimes not. The more familiarized you are with those steps, the less work it'll seem you have to do.

Since the DIY is of a different model, I'd check the steps alongside my own car, to see if they translate well to begin with. It'd suck to start, and end up at a point where the picture and step of the DIY looks like nothing you see on your own car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That would really suck if I were to start doing it and towards the middle of the process it was nothing similar

·
Registered
312 Posts
That would really suck if I were to start doing it and towards the middle of the process it was nothing similar

Hah! yeah, it really would. I'd like to do this mod but a personal pet peeve of mine is having aftermarket toggle switches drilled into the dash. Its cheap and ricey to me as often the switches look terrible and clash with the interior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hah! yeah, it really would. I'd like to do this mod but a personal pet peeve of mine is having aftermarket toggle switches drilled into the dash. Its cheap and ricey to me as often the switches look terrible and clash with the interior.
That's the same exact thing I was thinking about. The toggle would most definitely look ugly lol

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
As far as switches, I'm sure there is a way to use the 3 empty slots on the left side of the steering wheel to toggle the fog lights on and off. Just need to find a button, which couldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The button would be nice, but the thing is that how would you know if it's on

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The button would be nice, but the thing is that how would you know if it's on

The same way you do now, unless somehow doing this mod causes this not to work (which if it does, then this mod messes up way too much and isn't worthwhile), the little foglight icon that lights up on the tachometer display.

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
bump would like to see this happen for the 9thgen
i always asked my self how the fucc do i turn on the fogs only... lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wanted to know this so I could adjust my fogs properly, I may just throw a blanket or something over the headlights though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Honda should have just made the fogs so that they can work alone

1 - 20 of 29 Posts