Brilliant I have had the same problem.I did try that one, however after some searching I found the answer, basically some of the 9th edition head units only work on a lower version of bluetooth for transfering song information
for anyone who finds this thread in the future, this is the solution that I found which solved my problem
- Enable Developer Mode
- About Phone
- Find Build Number at the bottom and tap on it 7 times.
- Enter passphrase (if applicable)
- Change Bluetooth AVRCP Version
- Developer Options
- Under "Networking", change Bluetooth AVRCP Version to "AVRCP 1.3" (normally it is set to "AVRCP 1.5 (Default)")
- Re-Add the phone to the car's Bluetooth
- You may need to delete your phone from the car's Bluetooth system. I didn't but you might try it if needed.
- Re-Add the phone to the car's Bluetooth system
- (my note here: You will probably need to reboot your phone for the changes to take effect-- I did.)
with that issue resolved, if anyone has any advice for swaping out the head units to one with Android auto support please let me know!
I have found a few on ebay that could work with right hand driving, however I'm dubious of the quality of some